ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV. For more information on the company, its management, portfolio, pipeline and commitment, please visit www.viivhealthcare.com.
About the role: The ViiV Healthcare Advocacy & Congress Industrial Placement role provides a fantastic opportunity to join a highly patient-centric and high performing European Marketing team and make a real difference to the lives of people living with HIV through our innovative pipeline of medicines. There are two elements to this role, both of which are crucial to build brand awareness and loyalty during the early launch phase:
- Helping to build knowledge and confidence for HCPs to appropriately prescribe our recently approved HIV treatments by providing the platform for physicians to come together to network, share their experiences and learn from others who already have early positive experiences of prescribing the brand. This can be achieved through sharing our latest data and enabling discussions between expert physicians, via both face-to- face and virtual platforms.
- Supporting ViiV to meet our objectives for the European AIDS Clinical Society Conference (EACS) taking place from October 27-30th in London, whether face-to-face or virtual.
In addition to the core areas outlined above, the selected candidate will be given a clear and concise on-boarding plan which will be created with the IP student and tailored to their interests and developmental areas, along with ongoing manager support. The IP student will be encouraged to find a mentor/buddy in a different team to give further breadth and support.
- Support EU Marketing Manager on the development of the three expert forum HCP portfolio meetings (mixture of face-to-face meetings/webinars) planned across 2021 including leading the development of core materials required for these meetings (invites, questionnaire, registration site) and effective working with agency partners to deliver successful events for our European teams (ViiV EU9 + GSK Alliance markets)
- Work with EU Marketing Manager on the development of the portfolio congress booth and symposium for EACS 2021 congress, including leading the development of core materials required and effective working with agency partners
- Creating and managing commercial + medical approval processes on Content Lab (electronic review and approval system) in order to develop compliant materials for expert’s forum events and EACS congress
- Track monthly speaker meeting progress across EU9 markets and identify local speaker meeting best practice to share with other markets via network calls.
What we are looking for
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and accountable
- Resilient team player
- Exceptional networking skills and ability to build relationships with a variety of people
- Ability to successfully deliver a project from start to finish within time and allocated budget
- Medical background/scientific interest preferred
Must be an undergraduate studying any degree.
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in February 2021.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021:
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2020