ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV. For more information on the company, its management, portfolio, pipeline and commitment, please visit www.viivhealthcare.com.
About the role: The ViiV Healthcare European Medical Affairs Industrial Placement will enable the placement student to work in the European medical teams fast-paced and dynamic environment, who are responsible for a wide range of activities. This includes industry experience & medical expertise in the field of HIV, research methodology and critical thinking, team work and cross-functional working and experience with medical support for commercial deliverables. The IP will gain a range of flexibility in the projects they choose to work on based on their own personal development objectives and interests. The European Medical Affairs Team covers a broad range of activities from strategy to execution, across the whole portfolio of ViiV products, Patient Affairs, Medical Education and training. It works in partnership with the ViiV medical teams in each European country, in very close collaboration with the marketing and market access teams and ensures close relationships with Key External Experts on the field of HIV.
In addition to the student working within this unique operating model, they will gain the opportunity of coaching from within their team, the chance to network with industry professionals, be part of the European Medical Affairs team with a broad exposure to the journey from pharmaceutical drug development through to data dissemination, insights gathering and capabilities building while and be provided with stretch objectives based on their interests and skills.
Expand your scientific knowledge base
Supporting the medical team to produce new materials used to train medical staff, conduct product related literature searches and more.
- Example: A comprehensive literature review on the effects of Anti-retrovirals on metabolic health, make suggestions on how best to present the data in a training slide deck.
- Example: Work as part of a team to produce a data gaps analysis plan to inform research strategy for clinical trials, gain experience in research methodology.
Cross Functional Exposure
Work with the medical, commercial and finance teams to plan for the launch of new products.
- Example: Assist commercial teams in the adaptation of medically accurate promotional material for the use of sales representatives after a product launch
- Example: With guidance from finance, produce a plan for the medical teams budget for the following year.
- Example: Analysing and summarising responses from HCPs on their perceptions of a ViiV product and working with the medical leads to identify actions that can support our objectives.
Develop valuable Project Management Skills
Gain valuable transferable skills through experience and exposure.
- Example: Work with other IP students and medical leads to produce a biweekly news letter to report hot topics, insights and best practice sharing.
- Example: Facilitate a meeting with the regional medical leads to develop next year’s strategy and a plan of engagements and other tactics.
What we are looking for
- Good confidence
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication
- Good project management skills
Must be an undergraduate studying a Life Sciences degree.
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- health sciences
- biology and life sciences
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in early February 2021.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021.
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2020