What does a ViiV Supply Chain industrial placement have to offer?
The ViiV Healthcare Supply Chain Industrial Placement role will enable the student to gain the opportunity to work first hand with the corporate supply chain team, which span over the following functions: SC Operations and Strategy, Quality and Technical. The IP student will be exposed to many aspects of a global pharmaceutical company and specifically the entire E2E supply chain, from API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) manufacture to finished product in market and have a real responsibility in providing product to patients. Ultimately the IP student will communicate with a wide range of global, regional and local business functions (supply and demand organisations, commercial, finance, regulatory and quality) and shareholders acting as third party suppliers including, GSK and Pfizer.
In addition to this ViiV will provide an opening for an IP to gain high exposure to complex projects and products. The IP student will be provided with a training to fully understand the products that they will be working with and gain greater understanding of HIV and will also have an opportunity to develop their communication, problem solving, organisational and analytical skills. Along with an increasing familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word. The IP will receive training in key supply chain planning systems (e.g. SAP APO) and reporting, whilst learning the wide business functions and how they interact/communicate with each other.
- Leading the day-to-day operational management of ViiV’s medically critical product, Celsentri which may include preparing for and leading the key governance meetings (e.g. SCIM), day to day issue resolution, daily contact with GSK Supply Chain and Pfizer manufacturing sites and reporting to management
- Supporting technical dummy pill project, supplying example tablets for use in commercial detailing, which involves liaising with a third-party supplier, procurement of product samples (liaising with GSK clinical supply chain staff) and communicating with the sample supplier regarding manufacture of “dummy” tablets
- Developing and presenting presentation materials for key ViiV governance meetings (e.g. SCRM, Monthly Team meetings), which involves root cause analysis and stakeholder’s interviews to investigate Supply Chain KPI performances and organisation of guest/speakers or special topics, as required
- Facilitating the ViiV Supply Chain team risk management process to ensure compliance with global policies and mitigate risk in ViiV’s supply chain
- ViiV Supply Chain team support for accessing data in supply planning systems, like SAP APO and ESC
What we are looking for
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communications skills and confidence
- Analytical skills
- Contains the ability to work independently and in a team
Must be on track for a 2:1 (or above) in any undergraduate degree. You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
The assessment centre for successful applicants: Expected to take place in February 2020.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020.
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019