- Liaise with MD (specifically about production/QC analysis/ packing/blending of final products)
- Pack final products ready for despatch.
- Blend final products ready for QC analysis.
- QC analysis of final product by HPLC, TLC, Karl Fischer, Optical Rotation and Melting Point.
- Pack final products following QC analysis.
- Keeping an up to date lab book
- Test products for releasing into stock of final products which pass QC analysis.
- Manufacture of all production products following approved methods with affective time management to ensure any production deadlines or targets are met.
- Signing in goods and if applicable carrying out or arranging QC analysis before use.
- The internal calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment such as vacuum pumps and rotary evaporators.
- Ensuring the lab is kept clean and tidy at all times, by maintaining a clean working area.
- Communicating any problems or shortages of raw materials or equipment in a timely manner to the MD.
Maternity leave, Immediate start – 27 May 2019
Monday and Friday 8.00am-4.00pm (1/2-hour lunch break)
Tuesday - Thursday 6.00am-2.00pm (1/2-hour lunch break)
What we are looking for
We require a flexible, enthusiastic person with excellent organisational skills to play a key role in production and QC analysis. Attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills are crucial for this role. A chemical background and basic PC skills are essential. Experience of various analytical techniques such as HPLC, TLC, Karl Fischer, polarimetry & melting point apparatus would be advantageous.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/05/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details