- Greeting and serving guest by the JW Marriott standards and in a gracious and professional manner
- Displaying aggressive hospitality through positive personality with both guest and fellow associates
- Taking pride in all facets of service with a clean professional appearance while keeping a sparkling clean executive floor at all times
- Reporting to work on scheduled days at the scheduled time
- Following all safety policies to ensure a safe work area
- Checking out with your supervisor before leaving your station or the floor for any reason
- Complying with the “clean as you go” policy
- Enrolling guests in the Marriott Rewards programme
- Providing information about the hotel and the surrounding community
- Keeping the executive lounge and library in tip-top condition and maintaining cleanliness round the clock
- Updating guest profiles on the system when necessary, especially when guests’ personal preferences are mentioned in conversation
- Checking that the newspapers and magazines are updated. Reading log books, follow-up file and ensuring everything is in order
Ensure all follow-ups are prompt and accurate:
- Providing business center services
- Concierge services
- Rooms request/amenities arrangements
- Future reservations or other related matters
- Ensure that all guests receive their faxes, messages and parcels upon arrival if it is handed over by concierge agent.
- Monitoring and confirming times of departure with all due out guests and preparing for guest checking out at the Executive Lounge.
- Performing cashiering duties, e.g. post in charges, foreign currency exchange, checkout by cash or credit cards and selling of gift vouchers
- Preparation of breakfast and cocktails daily and ensuring food quality and service is maintained at the best for total guest satisfaction.
- Checking your station, prior to opening, for cleanliness of tables and chairs, proper set-up of salt and pepper, sugar, flowers, lamp, clean cutlery and glassware
- Developing a complete knowledge of menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be ready to answer any guest questions about the menu in a positive and concise way. Know the use records
- Developing a good knowledge of beverages, liquors, and wine service
- Picking up and presenting food and beverages according to standard service procedures. Properly organising the table throughout the meal. Dirty dishes and silverware should be cleared, except sugar and appropriate silverware and beverage glasses that are not empty, keeping proper posture and being personable, but limiting conversation
- Warmly greeting every guest with a smile, addressing guests by their name and taking down records for reference
- Cleaning and resetting the table according to standard procedures
- Doing food and beverage inventory daily and update the filing document at the same time
- Studying and following the Associate’s Training Manual
*The job description will be adjusted based on personal abilities and current business.
A life changing experience, a structured intensive Chinese language or an internship abroad in a reputable company in China, Go abroad China can help you fulfil any of these desires.
For over 13 years, Go Abroad China has been the leading provider of paid internships in China. We are partnered with more than 600 established internship companies and in China and over 2,000 internship opportunities to choose from. GAC has successfully created life-changing experiences through our Chinese internship and language programmes arranged each year and have provided job opportunities in China for young professionals worldwide. Our dynamic and guaranteed programmes have attracted over 4,000 talented undergraduates, graduates and young professionals from over 80 countries globally, who have all gained professional and interpersonal skills, keeping them ahead in the job market and marketable to employers in their various career fields.
Our numerous internships are custom made, based on individual personal preferences, sectors, backgrounds, interests, and goals. We support and manage all your needs before you arrive in China and during your program, allowing you complete your internship program smoothly, exploring the rich Chinese culture and having fun interacting with the locals and other foreigners living abroad. Our China Internship Programs prepare and help you accustom to your internship company environment.
Join us in China and we are certain you will enjoy an engaging and valuable internship in hospitality and tourism and an educational and inspiring experience that will be profoundly rewarding and will certainly be unforgettable.
*Please note: Chinese language experience is not necessary but useful, being fluent in English is the only language requirement needed; you will be placed with an English-speaking supervisor when you arrive in China.
Previous internship experience desired but not required
- Highly organised, highly detail-oriented
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, internally and externally and with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks until they are completed
- Ability to act calmly under stress and strain
- Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative
- Ability to utilise the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
* Please note: Chinese language experience is not necessary but useful, being fluent in English is the only language requirement needed; you will be placed with an English-speaking supervisor when you arrive in China.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Current or recent graduate of a business, hospitality or culinary program/school or university
- Relevant course completion or ongoing studies in hospitality, culinary or business
- Must have high leadership potential and goals and be prepared to work in a unique working and living environment in a remote area
- Must be tasked and list oriented and able to multi-task
Accepted degree subjects
tourism, hospitality and event management · business and management studies
Stipend (could cover living expenses). Free networking and business events. Tours and cultural activities. Free intensive Chinese language lessons. Visa documentation support
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 20
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 13/11/2017