On Go Ahead’s two-year bus management graduate programme you won’t be spending much time behind a desk. It’s important for you to experience all parts of our business, so you’ll learn about different areas of operations management by being immersed in a garage or depot environment and working collaboratively with our drivers and team members. You’ll first learn to drive a bus, after all that’s what our business is all about.
The role is hands-on – we trust our employees so you’ll be given plenty of work to do, with real responsibility and not just shadowing others. You’ll be involved in a number of projects and be personally accountable for making sure they are completed. It’s also incredibly varied – you can expect shift-work, and you may be in the driving seat of a bus one day and coordinating a project the next. You’ll be making big decisions that will immediately impact the people travelling on our network each day.
Your career is important to us; we see you as the next generation of Go-Ahead leaders, so we offer mentoring and support to ensure your development. Realistically, we expect you to become a senior manager, such as an operations manager, within five years.
Have you got what it takes to be part of a world where every journey is taken care of? If yes, please read the key requirements below and then apply today.
What Go-Ahead can offer you:
- A full induction to the group and hosting operating company
- Membership to the Young Bus Managers’ Network
- Real responsibility – you’ll be managing teams, dealing with operational challenges and making significant decisions
- Full support from mentors and specialists to develop your operations management and leadership skills
- Opportunities to develop and excel – we spend £22million per year on training, so make the most of what is on offer
- Career progression – a senior manager role within five years
- Free travel on many of Go-Ahead’s services
Starting: September 2019.
What we are looking for
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility to complete short placements in other Go-Ahead locations including international opportunities
- A passion for the transport and bus industry
- The unrestricted right to work in the UK
- A positive attitude and the ability to inspire confidence in and motivate others
- Resilience; our industry can be tough so we need future leaders who are up for the challenge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - clear, concise and engaging
- A customer focus, keen to deliver for Go-Ahead’s vast network of bus users
- The ability to work with team members at all levels and deal with members of the public
- Forward-thinking, innovative ideas to drive the business forward
- Resilience and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Skills in problem-solving, analysis and dealing with complex data
- Time management, methodical thinking, and an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A collaborative approach – keen to share knowledge and skills
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Determination to succeed and develop yourself personally and professionally
Minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in any subject.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Apply online by submitting your CV and answering two open-ended questions. We process applications on a rolling basis so the closing date may be brought forward. Candidates can expect to undertake a video interview and an assessment centre as part of the recruitment process. Please apply as soon as you can.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 06/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 06/01/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Brighton and Hove · Dublin · Gateshead · London · Newcastle upon Tyne · Norwich · Poole|