Great minds. Nothing alike.
Get to know us, our clients and start learning more about yourself. As an auditor in our Public Sector team, you’ll be connecting with the issues our clients are facing, providing independent advice so they can confidently do what is right and make the best decisions for the future. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first and you will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our clients the assurance they need.
Public Sector Audit is a specialist team with over 300 members across the UK. As part of the team, you’ll be working with public bodies, government departments and national services, working to understand the issues they are facing, giving you a real opportunity to make a difference. During times of rapid change and financial challenge, Public Sector bodies increasingly require assurance over their use of resources and financial accounts. There will be challenges along the way, but you’ll be supported and able to meet each one with a solution. That’s how you excel here.
A look into your future
Our three-year graduate programme is designed to take you on a journey from graduate to professionally qualified. Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll experience during your first three years:
- Hands on experience in the different aspects of audit, with a variety of clients, from NHS trusts to Fire Authorities and Local Councils
- You’ll get experience working on all kinds of projects with work including identifying audit samples and carrying out audit tests to reviewing the findings of internal audit reports
- Responsibility and the opportunity to take ownership for interesting and challenging client work
- You’ll develop a strong internal and external network to learn from
- Subject to restrictions, you’ll be required to spend time going out to work at client sites
- Working closely with colleagues to provide robust challenge and market leading insights to help clients meet their regulatory needs and business objectives
In this programme you’ll study towards becoming CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy) qualified
What we are looking for
We’ve got a flexible approach to academic entry requirements, and we’ll consider these alongside your strengths, motivations and connection with us. We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 April 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 April 2023