Our Tech+ programme is the newest of our three programmes, following on from our merger with Doris IT. Tech+ is for everyone and anyone who lives and breathes tech in its many forms!
Whether you’re looking to specialise within software development, testing or Information Security, our Tech+ programme will support you to not only achieve, but exceed your personal and professional goals.
Throughout the three-year programme, you’ll deep dive into your chosen tech specialism, developing new skills and gaining professional experience, working directly with Grayce clients. As part of our active tech community, you’ll be involved in regular tech events (e.g. Hackathons), building your network as part of your Grayce journey.
To start you off, you’ll join our Tech Orientation Week, where you’ll get to meet some of your fellow Grayce ‘techies’. You’ll work on both independent and team projects to build knowledge and experience with various technical concepts, from cloud computing to the basics of testing and information security! We’ll even get you set up ready for your first set of qualifications including ISTQB Foundation, ISO27001, AgilePM and much more!
After your first week with us, you’ll get started on your first project, putting your skills into action within a client-facing environment. You’ll receive ongoing coaching and mentoring across the Grayce community, including a Grayce Delivery Manager and technical SMEs to support you as you build your industry and discipline knowledge in our Tech+ community.
We empower you to drive your own development! In your second and third year of the programme, you will receive a training budget with which you can use to obtain further qualifications and certifications that will support your individual future career aspirations.
As you come towards the end of your three years on the programme, we will continue to support you by providing you with career coaching and whatever your plans are, our Alumni Network and Mentorship Programme ensure you’re paired with experienced professionals to support you as you take your next steps.
- Competitive salary
- Hands on client experience with some of the UK’s leading organisations
- One week intensive training programme covering CCRM, APIs, cloud computing, testing fundamentals, introduction to information security, to name but a few
- Ongoing training over the three-year programme covering topics such as: Leadership and management, Version Control, Web Development, SQL, ISO27001, ISTQB, GDPR and many more
- Tech+ community events such as Hackathons, knowledge exchanges, webinars
- Mentorship Programme which pairs you with Grayce Alumni and industry professionals
- Grayce community events and initiatives – CSR, E1E, Thoughtlab, Social events, Conferences
- Training and soft skill development through online study and 1-2-1 coaching
- Pension scheme
- Grayce social events throughout the year
- Future Opportunities Programme which allows you to continue your Grayce journey after the programme
- Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service that offers 24/7 support for a wide range of concerns, from mental health to legal support, 365 days a year
What we are looking for
- Minimum of a 2:1 in any undergraduate degree, ideally within a technical subject (e.g. computer science, information technology, business information systems etc.) but this is not essential
- Passion to get into a career within Software Development, Testing or Information Security
- Exposure to relevant technical concepts such as programming languages, frameworks, tools and/or regulations (through university, courses or self-study)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Dedication to your own personal and professional development and drive to continuously improve through both hands-on experience and qualifications/certifications
- Capability to work within a fast-paced environment, delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
- Ability to use your own initiative to work independently and to effectively collaborate as part of a wider team
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 November 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 November 2022