Do you want to be a food-hero? Are you passionate about, food-safety and hygiene? Are you interested in food production and quality assurance? If this sounds like you, look no further, we can offer you the opportunity to grow your career with Greencore through our Operations Degree Apprenticeship Programme, and we will support you to develop into a leader of the future.
Join us and be part of our great team, committed to making every day taste better.
What you'll be doing
The Greencore Degree Apprenticeship Programme is designed to help you reach your potential and build a rewarding career in food.
In partnership with Nottingham Trent University, this 4-year degree programme will align your studies to real work, allowing you to earn a great salary and become an integral part of our management team (subject to development and performance).
During your time you will learn about all operations within our factory including food preparation, high risk production, despatch, hygiene and business improvement. The programme is rotational in nature, so you’ll get a broad understanding of how we feed the nation before you progress into your next role. As your leadership skills develop, your level of responsibility will grow throughout the duration of the programme. This includes:
- Responsibility for a particular area and ensure that production is always in line with the agreed production plan.
- Managing the team and ensuring that performance within your area is maximised. You’ll achieve this through careful monitoring, identifying trends within a particular area and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance. You’ll also understand the value of great communication and you’ll run daily meetings along with weekly briefings for your team to ensure they are clearly focused on their key objectives and as individuals, developed to maximise their potential.
- Working closely with your team, you’ll monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment to ensure performance consistency and reliability, with a key focus on always promoting safe working environment.
The programme starts in September 2022, and assessment centres will be held in early 2022.
What we’re looking for
- We are looking for you to have a passion for food, innovation and people.
- Highly motivated to grow your career, studying for a degree alongside doing a demanding day job
- Resilient and equipped to take change in your stride
- Curious, organised and able to use your excellent communication skills to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- We are looking for a minimum of 120 UCAS points (equivalent to three A Levels BBB or a BTEC extended Diploma DDM) or demonstratable previous relevant work experience. To participate in the programme, it is also desirable for you to have 5 GCSE's including English language and maths at grade C/4 or above.
Our operation is 24/7, so there will be a requirement for you to work shifts.
If this sounds like you, join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
Not only will you gain experience across our business whilst completing a fully funded BA (Hons) degree in Management and Leadership and a chartered management apprenticeship you will also have access to our Greencore colleague benefits including:
- The equivalent of a day a week to focus on your University work and programme goals
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
As part of your degree apprenticeship programme, you will be supported with on-the-job training, mentoring and development opportunities to further your career in food.
Additional job details
- East Midlands
- North East England
- North West England
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23 January 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 23 January 2022