Do you want to be a food-hero? Are you passionate about, food-safety and hygiene? Are you interested in food production and quality assurance? If this sounds like you, look no further, we can offer you the opportunity to grow your career with Greencore through our Technical Degree Apprenticeship Programme, and we will support you to develop into a leader of the future.
Join us and be part of our great team, committed to making everyday taste better.
What you'll be doing
The Greencore Degree Apprenticeship Programme is designed to help you reach your potential and build a rewarding career in food.
In partnership with Nottingham Trent University, this four-year degree programme will align your studies to real work, allowing you to earn a great salary and become an integral part of our management team (subject to development and performance).
To feed the nation, we don’t just make our products taste great. Our Technical teams protect our customers and colleagues through promoting high standards and developing innovative techniques to ensure food quality and meeting of food safety objectives. In your Food Industry Technical Professional Degree apprenticeship, you will learn about food chemistry, sustainable food production, raw materials, microbiology of food and how to apply this knowledge to your day job. This includes:
Obtaining Certification information for raw materials such as Certificates of Analysis.
- Quality management system work:
- Obtaining photos of relevant locations
- Walking through draft procedures in conjunction with relevant disciplines to understand if they were clear and accurate
Other routine Quality Assurance tasks:
- Collection of samples – raw materials & finished products
- Taking swabs – hand, hygiene, and listeria
- Investigating customer complaints – foreign bodies in particular
The programme starts in September 2022, and assessment centres will be held in early 2022.
What we’re looking for
- We are looking for you to have a passion for food, and people.
- Highly motivated to grow your career, studying for a degree alongside doing a demanding day job
- Resilient and equipped to take change in your stride
- Curious, organised and able to use your excellent communication skills to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- We are looking for a minimum of 120 UCAS points including one science subject (equivalent to 3 A Levels BBB or a BTEC extended Diploma DDM) or previous relevant work experience. To participate in the programme, it is also desirable for you to have 5 GCSE's including English language and maths at grade C / 4 or above.
Our operation is 24/7 so you will need to be prepared to working shift patterns.
If this sounds like you, join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
Not only will you gain experience across our business whilst completing a fully funded BSc (Hons) degree in Food Science and Technology and a Food Industry Technical Professional apprenticeship, you will also have access to our Greencore colleague benefits including:
- The equivalent of a day a week to focus on your University work and programme goals
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
As part of your degree apprenticeship programme, you will be supported with on-the-job training, mentoring and development opportunities to further your career in food.
Additional job details
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North West England
- South West England
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23 January 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 23 January 2022