Have you been thinking that IT is the right job route for you? Have you got your GCSEs, NVQ, GNVQ or equivalent standard C/4 or above in Maths and English under your belt? And have you passed your driving test?
We're looking for an enthusiastic and fast learner who's keen to make technology work for people, enjoys a challenge and wants to get stuck into both hardware and software to join the team in our bright and modern head office near Wallingford.
If you're already IT-literate with a good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and PC operation, and know you'd be confident logging queries and speaking with employees on the phone and face-to-face, then this is a fantastic opportunity to train and develop your skills and gain an Advanced Level Apprenticeship.
As well as hands-on, on-the-job training by our supportive and knowledgeable IT team, you'll also attend college in Abingdon one day per week during term-time from September (hence needing to be able to drive, plus you may be required to attend other Grundon sites from time to time).
This is a really great time to join the IT department at Grundon, a very successful and expanding family-owned business. Along with the rest of the team, you'll be helping to manage and support an ever-growing and developing system and set of users with a variety of different technologies.
Your hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 9am till 5pm - a total of 35 hours per week, though flexibility is required.
What are the benefits and perks?
You'll receive a wage plus attractive benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Health cash plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee assistance programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms
Don't delay: Please read the job description via the Apply button, then click on the link to apply via the National Apprenticeship Service.
Please note: We are unable to accept online applications via the Grundon website.
Additional job details