If you have an RICS-accredited or property-related degree and want a varied and interesting job that will grow with you, how about joining our award-winning waste management and quarrying business? As Assistant Surveyor, you will support the five-strong estates team that manages Grundon’s large and diverse property portfolio, including industrial, agricultural, residential, leisure and commercial assets.
As Assistant Surveyor, you will deal with all aspects of Estates, including land and property management, meeting with contractors (for example, a tree planter or fence repairer), visiting a potential new site, talking to a prospective tenant about renting land, in the office agreeing new tenancy agreements – no two days are the same in this role! Your duties will include:
- Helping to create value-added development opportunities from the portfolio.
- Rent reviews, and assisting with the management of leases and licences.
- Managing contractors and consultants undertaking work.
You will join our Beenham office, near Reading, on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company car (you must live or be willing to relocate to within a 40-mile radius of Beenham)
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm, though flexibility is required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Assistant Surveyor and help to secure the company’s future growth.
What we are looking for
- Entry-level experience in, or working knowledge of, property management.
- Ideally, entry-level experience of construction, farming, minerals or waste.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Effective communicator with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- You’re working towards RICS qualification (we will support and put you through the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)).
- A degree in surveying or other property qualification.
Accepted degree subjects
- planning and surveying
Additional job details
- Berkshire · Beenham, near Reading
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2021