How about a varied role that fully utilises your waste or environmental credentials? If you have the interest and the energy, we have the opportunity for you.
Whether your background is Environment Agency (eg officer), landfill sector of a waste management company, environmental consultancy or you’re a graduate with a year in relevant industry under your belt, this is a rare opportunity to join our small and committed team.
The Environment and Energy Technician role
This is a varied role that combines office-based and field tasks (you'll need to be happy to work outside in all weathers), and key duties include:
- Overseeing the accurate collection, analysis and submissions of environmental and energy data. You’ll monitor our energy usage and support site managers in reducing consumption
- Carrying out thorough and timely applications and variations of site permits for multiple different facilities, including landfills, transfer stations and quarries
- Ensuring the requirements of discharge consents and abstraction licences are met, and applications/variations made
- Supporting the Environment and Energy Manager with various site works, including monitoring tasks and audits
What are the working hours?
This is a full-time job and your hours will be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday - a total of 35 hours per week; however, flexibility is required.
Benefits and perks
You'll earn a competitive salary plus attractive benefits, including:
- When we do well, we want you to benefit too. So we have a discretionary bonus which is payable annually and dependent on company performance and profits
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day-one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary
- Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle-to-work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Health cash plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee assistance programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
What we are looking for
- Full UK driving licence (for travel to other sites by van)
- Experience of permits and liaising with the EA, including working to sometimes challenging timescales - you’ll need to be meticulous, organised and capable of pulling together multiple pieces of paperwork
- Good understanding of the function of an environmental database
- Adept at communicating with lots of different parties – from Thames Water and energy companies to the EA and internal project teams, including Estates and site management
- Technical knowledge of ground water abstraction
- Quick learner with strong desire to achieve and develop
Environmental or science-based degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19/09/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Oxfordshire · Wallingford|
|Additional location information||Benson|