This is a varied role that combines office-based and field tasks – you must be happy to work outside in all weathers and on sites with challenging terrain. Your key duties will include:
- Providing support with fieldwork such as odour surveys and environmental monitoring.
- Entering and extracting data from our environmental database.
- Preparing environmental data returns to the Environment Agency.
- Maintaining site equipment related to environmental management such as dust monitors and landfill gas utilisation systems.
- Gathering and collating energy and water consumption data from all Grundon sites.
- Maintaining up-to-date schedules for the environmental monitoring programme.
- Preparing and amending site plans.
- Providing support to the wider Environment and Energy team on various projects at other Grundon sites
Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of waste and environmental management in a new role at Grundon’s long-established landfill site near Bishop’s Cleeve, Cheltenham – a brilliant opportunity to use your degree and build on your knowledge and skills (and not be desk-bound all day). As Environmental Assistant, you’ll earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
Working hours: 40 per week – 7.30am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri, though flexibility may be required.
What we are looking for
- Full UK driving licence – you must be willing to travel between Bishop’s Cleeve and other Grundon sites, if required.
- Good IT skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to handle and interpret large data sets with a good eye for detail.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Strong desire to achieve and develop.
Degree in earth sciences, environmental science, geography or similar.
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- geology and geographical science
Additional job details
- Gloucestershire · Bishop’s Cleeve, near Cheltenham
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible if you’d like to join our success story as Environmental Assistant and strengthen our team. No agencies please.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment