As a valuable member of the team that responds to tender enquiries, you’ll support the Tender Manager in compiling bids and co-ordinating and writing responses.
This is more than just a bid-writing role: you’ll play a hands-on part in assisting the bid team in devising sustainable and innovative waste proposals for customers. Not only will you be attending site visits for a wide range of customers across the South of England, you’ll be liaising with customers and using technical knowledge to find solutions to complex on-site problems across all waste streams, from general waste and recycling to hazardous and clinical. Liaising with internal teams – sales, operations, compliance – to help you answer questions is a big part of the job.
One week you could be compiling a bid for a multi-site retail or property management company, the next for an NHS Trust, local authority or other public-sector body, the next an airport or logistics business. That’s the beauty of being a Junior Bid Writer at Grundon – our broad customer base and service offering makes for an exciting and varied job. A big part of the role will be researching and keeping abreast of new innovations and technological advancements within the industry, which can be included within tenders to assist customers in meeting their sustainability goals.
This is a full-time job and your working hours will be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, a total of 35 hours per week, though flexibility will be required.
You' ll earn a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including:
- When we do well, we want you to benefit too. So we have a discretionary bonus which is payable annually and dependent on Company performance and profits.
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping.
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
What we are looking for
- A strong and persuasive writer and proof-reader; high standard of written and verbal English
- Highly organised, self-motivated and an imaginative, flexible and creative thinker
- Interest in learning about the waste management industry and shadowing industry professionals
- Ability to put yourself in customers’ shoes and see behind the questions being asked
- Full UK driving licence
Educated to at least degree level, ideally with environmental/sustainability-focused subjects/modules
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment