Are you studying for a marketing, advertising or business-related degree? Do you have to undertake a Year in Industry Placement during the academic year 2018/19? We’re looking for an undergraduate for a 12-month (53-week) placement starting in mid-July 2018. This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, in the Marketing department at our Colnbrook office, near Heathrow.
Grundon is one of the UK's leading providers of waste management and environmental services, and is acknowledged to be in the vanguard of waste management practice and innovation. Our placement year is well-established (we’ve been running it for seven years) and a fantastic opportunity to apply your learning to the real world, developing your skills in order to return to university to complete your final year and hopefully gaining a good degree as a result.
About the role
This is varied role in a friendly team and you’ll be involved from the start, assisting with devising and implementing effective marketing initiatives to promote and grow the Grundon brand, and working closely with your colleagues, including graphic designers and sales departments; plus PR consultants, creative agencies and customers. Your duties will include:
- Ensuring corporate branding is effective and consistent - from advertising and direct marketing to literature and the Grundon website;
- Proof-reading marketing and sales copy;
- Providing marketing support to the sales teams;
- Researching the growing range of media available to promote the business;
- Developing marketing messages for Grundon social media posts;
- Researching and writing press releases;
- Organising exhibitions and other corporate events.
Along with the chance to gain some really great experience at the largest family-owned waste management company in the UK, we are offering a competitive salary and a range of other benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to income tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Perks at work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping
- Discounted gym memberships at participating gyms.
- Health cash plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee assistance programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Salary Sacrifice – join our scheme covering childcare vouchers and you could save money on tax and national insurance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An A Level in English language (ideally)
- A good working knowledge of social networking tools and the ability to see how they can be applied to a business
- Some experience of creative writing
- Good organisational skills
- An eye for detail
- A full UK driving licence
Accepted degree subjects
marketing and advertising studies · business and management studies
Colnbrook, near Heathrow
How to apply
Closing date: 31/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/03/2018