An exciting opportunity to promote and grow a specialist and successful area of Grundon’s hazardous waste department, covering a period of maternity leave for up to 12 months.
We offer a total waste management collection, recycling and disposal service of all hazardous waste streams - including radioactive. So, if you have at least three years' experience in the management and/or sale of radioactive waste, or if you're a tenacious chemistry graduate, then you could join the vibrant and proactive team at our South Oxfordshire head office at Benson, near Wallingford.
You'll manage current customer accounts as well as sourcing new business from cold calling, follow up enquiries and prepare quotations, liaising with our external technical experts where necessary and also advising customers.
This is a highly regulated area of the business and requires strong attention to detail to ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental legislation.
This is a full-time job and your hours will be 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday - 37.5 per week.
What are the benefits and perks?
You'll earn a competitive salary plus commission, company car (you’ll need to live within 40 miles of our head office) and a range of other attractive benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Health cash plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee assistance programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms
Fixed-term contract (maternity cover).
What we are looking for
- Previous waste management experience isn't essential as we'll provide training and guidance in this area
- You have drive and great customer service skills, plus you're well organised with a keen eye for detail
- A full UK driving licence - site visits across our south-east operating area are an important part of the job
You have a degree in chemistry or a related discipline that included modules covering radioactive substances; or at least three years' experience in the management and/or sales of radioactive wastes.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
So, if you'd like to take on this varied assignment for up to 12 months and join one of the most respected players in the fast-moving waste management and environmental sectors, then apply today.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment