Are you a hands-on graduate chemist interested in the fascinating and thriving environmental sector? Here’s your chance to join our industry-leading hazardous waste transfer facility in South Oxfordshire and gain further skills and experience, plus progression opportunities. As Site Chemist, you will join us full-time on a permanent contract.
Joining a hard-working and highly skilled team, you will help with the day-to-day operation of the transfer station – receiving incoming consignments of waste, checking documentation, completing waste transfer notes and raising non-conformances.
Other duties will include unloading and loading lorries, operating forklift trucks (we’ll train you up) and inspecting, classifying and segregating waste deliveries. You’ll also be expected to muck in and help to sweep and jet-wash the yard to ensure a tidy site.
The work of a Site Chemist involves an element of physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable – e.g. working in a chemical protection suit.
We are offering a competitive salary and host of great benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
Contract, dates and working times
Working hours: 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week.
What we are looking for
- Good chemistry knowledge is a must – you have a degree (minimum HNC) in chemistry or a chemistry/environmental-related discipline.
- This isn’t a lab-based job so you’ll need to show us that you’re willing to work outside – perhaps you have experience of working outdoors, or an interest that involves being outside in all weathers.
- You’re practical and hands-on.
- A safety-conscious approach.
- Full UK driving licence.
Accepted degree subjects
- chemical engineering
Additional job details
- Wallingford · Ewelme, (OX10 6PJ)
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 August 2022