As a Trainee Sales Executive you will learn to be proactively responsible for creating and retaining an account base of customers for which Grundon will provide the best possible waste solutions. You will learn to manage both new and existing accounts from initial sale right through to ensuring service delivery and beyond by securing long term relationships and repeat business from your client base within a competitive market. The role will involve cold-calling and making your own appointments to visit clients face to face within your target area.
- Undertake cold-calling in order to develop new business, observing any safety-related risks of prospective customers’ sites.
- Generate sales using alternative techniques to cold-calling; for example, social media, telephone sales etc.
- Manage a set of accounts and ensure maximisation of sales by offering add -on services.
- Follow up all sales enquiries quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure that customer accounts are maintained and regular courtesy visits are paid.
- Submit a monthly sales report to the Head of Sales.
- Resolve account problems by liaising with the transport and accounts departments.
- Ensure full compliance with company policies and procedures, including health and safety and employment.
- Any other duties, such as ad hoc projects, as requested by the job holder’s Manager or the Board of Directors that are within the skills and capabilities of the job holder.
- Discretionary bonus schemes: Christmas bonus, which rewards loyalty through your length of service, and an annual bonus, which is dependent on company performance and profits.
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Salary sacrifice – join one of our schemes covering childcare vouchers, additional holiday and cycle to work, and you could save money on tax and National Insurance.
- Health cash plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee assistance programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping.
- Full current UK driving licence.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and using databases.
- Possess good time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate persuasive, inquisitive and convincing ability.
- Demonstrate confident ‘can do’ attitude and demonstrate a passion for sales.
- Be confident, well presented and capable of negotiating confidently.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new systems.
- Numerate and confident with the written word.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone and within a team.
- Place a high importance on excellent customer service.
Accepted degree subjects
South East England
How to apply
Closing date: 01/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/01/2018