Love to join a friendly and fast-growing business that's been ranked in the Sunday Times Profit Track 100 league table? Whether you're starting out in sales or stepping up, show us what you’re made of and your prospects with us are promising
If working for a waste management company sounds unexciting, let us sell you a different perspective.
A job where every day is different, where you meet new people and manage your own diary. A job that encompasses energy reduction, the environment, science and changing legislation, which means reviewing the services being offered to customers. And a job where the opportunity to progress is one of the best in the industry, because we’re growing and developing new waste innovations and solutions that can help our customers - from shops and schools to restaurants and manufacturers - achieve their ‘green’ aspirations.
You’ve only got to visit our energy from waste facility on the outskirts of London – one of the most modern facilities of its type in the UK – to realise that a career with us is far from boring.
And that’s not all. You’ll be part of a vibrant, close-knit team where everyone works together and helps each other out.
Interested? If you can give us confidence, persuasiveness, good time management and self-motivation, we can offer you a fantastic career path - whether you're joining us as a trainee or already have experience.
If you're new to sales, we'll train you how to sell, upsell and liaise with customers. You’ll learn to create your own account base of customers, manage existing accounts and convert enquiries into sales. You’ll make your own appointments to visit clients face to face, and undertake cold-calling.
You'll be based at our Gatwick depot near Salfords, Redhill, and cover the Guildford, Woking, Crawley, Esher and Chessington areas.
What are the working hours?
This is a full-time job and your hours will be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, although flexibility is required.
What are the benefits and perks?
You’ll receive a competitive basic salary, uncapped commission and a company car (a full driving licence is required for this role and you'll need to live within 40 miles of our Gatwick depot, or be prepared to relocate), and our attractive benefits include:
- When we do well, we want you to benefit too. So we have a discretionary bonus which is payable annually and dependent on company performance and profits.
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping.
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment