Go faster than you ever thought possible.
There’s a lot more to a career in Retail than what you might think. It’s one of the most diverse, fast paced and exciting sectors to work in. But, just in case you need some persuasion as to why to choose our Retail Management Graduate Scheme here’s a couple of things to help you make your mind up.
Why chose our Retail Management Graduate Scheme?
- Fast track career progression – our tailored two-year management scheme will give you the specialist skills and support you need to drive your career forward. You’ll learn all aspects of our retail operation to prepare you for when you take your first leadership role as an Assistant Manager in one of our stores
- We’ll give you opportunity and flexibility – as you progress your retail management journey, aspiring to be an Area Manager of the future, you may decide to change direction. The diversity of roles available at Halfords gives you the opportunity to apply your skills to other areas of the business – giving you and your career more flexibility
- We’ve definitely got variety – one thing’s for sure, at Halfords no two days are the same. You’ll see first-hand how quickly the retail market changes to adapt to the needs of our customers. And you’ll be key in supporting these changes when you’re in store leading and engaging a team to deliver results
- We’re proud to work at Halfords – and we want you to be too - For the fourth year running we’re a Sunday Times ‘Top 30 Best Big Company to work for’, and what’s more it’s our colleagues that put us there, showing that here at Halfords we truly value colleague engagement. We believe if our colleagues feel valued, engaged and part of a fun and successful workplace, they in turn will look after our customers
- To top this off – we’ll give you a performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme, 31 days’ holiday, 25% colleague discount, the option to join our Share Save and Cycle 2 Work schemes as well as access to a range of shopping discounts at high street retailers
You’ll know Halfords as a household brand – in fact we’re the UK’s leading retailer of automotive and cycling products and also a leading independent operator in car servicing and repairs. Our reach is so vast that wherever you are in the UK, 90% of you are never more than 20 minutes away from one of our stores or auto-centres.
For the last 110 years, we’ve been supporting our customers with the journeys they make – and now we want to get behind you and your career journey so you can share in our success too.
The driving force behind our success…
- Halfords retail – more than 460 stores in the UK and ROI where you’ll find everything bike, car, audio and leisure related. Our in-store ‘We Fit’ service carries out minor repairs, installations and maintenance for cars and bikes
- Halfords Autocentres - more than 300 autocentres where you can get your car fixed, serviced or MOT’d
- Halfords.com – which currently makes 12% of our retail sales with customers ordering for store collection or home delivery
- Cycle Republic – high end, cycle only concept stores based in city centre locations - an exciting new venture for us
- Support centre – in Redditch, Worcestershire, supporting all of our store operations nationally
And we continue to grow…
Our strategy continues to deliver incredible success. We achieved our 2016 group sales target of £1 billion+ by the end of the 2015 financial year. That’s a year ahead of plan.
And just to add to this success, for the second year running we’re in the Sunday Times ‘Top 25 Companies to Work For’. That’s because we know people are the heart of our success. We’ve created a culture of engagement where people enjoy their work and positively thrive in their career progression.
Join us and drive us forward even faster…
Here’s where your ambition, personality, enthusiasm and hard work can take you further faster. We’re looking for people with a passion for Retail, who want to be an integral part of our team and who are focused on driving - and sharing in - our success.
It’s a competitive arena! If you’ve decided Halfords is for you – here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- Bags of energy and enthusiasm – personality is an essential requirement to be part of our team
- Determination – the resilience to overcome challenges and succeed in everything you do
- A genuine passion – for customer service and a career in Retail – and we need to see this
- A ‘hands on’ approach – to delivering results and inspiring others to do the same
- Communication skills – it’s a big part of the job. It’s about making the right impact
- Commercial acumen – your ‘business brain’ – Understanding what makes us so successful
- Team working mentality – working collaboratively. Supporting others. Team ethos. It’s vital
Qualifications and experience requirements
A minimum of a 2:1 degree – We’re flexible on the discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017