We`re on the hunt for an enthusiastic individual looking to launch their career in public relations. You`ll be joining the PR and Marketing team at a pivotal moment for the business, and you`ll be heavily involved in its transformation.
As a press officer, you will on the front line of the press office, dealing with journalist enquires and liaising with the Hamptons offices and team to ensure those column inches. No day is the same, and your creativity will steer this. You will report into the senior Press Officer and the Head of Marketing and PR.
The day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Answer phone calls from journalists, responding to their questions
- Handle media enquiries
- Draft press releases and blogs in a timely manner
- Phone or email journalists to try to interest them in the organisation`s press releases and feature ideas
- Plan, produce and execute proactive media campaigns
- Arrange for spokespeople to speak to the media
- Monitor media coverage and prepare coverage reports
- Attend interviews with the organisation`s spokespeople/clients
- Advise senior staff members on written responses to the media
- Proof-read and if necessary rewrite media statements
- Meet journalists, build and maintain relationships
- Work with team to ensure the above tasks are complete
- Arrange, attend and help with the running of events
- Speak to clients to ensure they understand what PR is
What we are looking for
- Press officers need to have excellent written and spoken English, but on top of this enthusiasm for the role is essential.
- You`ll need to understand the property industry, and its role in wider economics.
- Good interpersonal skills are key, as you`ll be speaking to the press and to clients.
- Time management is an essential, as you`ll be juggling many tasks at once, and it will be up to you to ensure they meet their respective deadlines.
- You will need to be comfortable in group meetings, and we will be looking at you for your perspective and thoughts.
- There is a little bit of glamour, so you`ll need to have a good eye for detail and imagery.
- A curiosity in people/homes and history is an added bonus.
- You`ll have had experience in writing, be it your own blog, journalism or essay writing.
- It would be good to demonstrate involvement in event organising or brand building exercises.
An undergraduate degree is preferred, but should you be able to demonstrate key skills you should still apply with experience to back it up.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 February 2020