An outstanding opportunity for a bright and committed individual, who is actively studying for a professional accountancy qualification (ie. ACCA) and is looking to make their next career move and join a professional finance team, within a fast paced, rapidly growing company. We’re ready to continue your development alongside you completing your professional qualification and give you the opportunity to reach your full career potential.As the Assistant Financial Accountant within the Finance team, you will be responsible for processing and reporting of sales, bank and sales credit control, processing supplier payments, maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers and dealing with supplier and client queries.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Capturing sales on SalesForce, raising invoices, processing client credit cards, issuing payment receipts, capturing cancellations and credit vouchers, maintaining a number of sales related Excel files.
- Daily sales update email to all staff and summary email to management.
- Processing of all sales invoices (USD, EUR & GBP) with correct VAT coding onto Sage.
- Chasing sales debtors via email and phone and maintaining the sales debtor status reports.
- Process all supplier invoices onto Sage for payment and enter electronic bank payments for authorisation.
- Daily capture of bank receipts on SalesForce and the Excel sales files.
Study support: Hanson Wade will meet the study and exam entry costs of the first attempt of each paper of the professional accountancy qualification that you are studying for.
Additionally Hanson Wade offers:
- A structured career path and development in a rapidly growing company with a global outlook.
- An opportunity to make your mark and actively participate in shaping the business.
- A fun and fast paced working environment. We expect you to work hard, but we also want you to have fun doing it. There are regular social events to allow our staff to get to know everyone in the business.
What we are looking for
The below captures what we believe are the key qualifications, skills and characteristics that you will need to demonstrate, to thrive and succeed in the role and at Hanson Wade:
- Successfully passed some initial examinations of a recognised accountancy body.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically advanced Excel.
- Strong systems, process and analytical skills.
- The energy and ability to work accurately, deliver high standards and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: You need be able to work well with colleagues across the business.
- Commercial: A passion for business and real drive for its and your continued success.
- Graduate with a minimum 2:1 from a leading university, ideally in finance or business related subject.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Apply now and we will endeavour to get back to you within five working days with the first stage of interview being a phone screen, so look out for our call.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
depending on experience