What is conference production? In short you are responsible for understanding what a conference audience wants to learn about (market research), and then developing the agenda and inviting the best speakers that can help solve our audience’s problems (product development).
You will spend time conducting phone-based research with industry leaders, developing relationships with international clients and leveraging their support to create brand new conferences, as well as grow established events.
You’ll become the project manager for your event working closely with the marketing and sales teams to ensure the event is a commercial success. This is the perfect career for a confident and intelligent graduate looking for a challenging but highly rewarding career which will fast-track their learning in the world of business, while enjoying international travel and an excellent company culture.
In your first year you will develop new conferences in a wide range of industries and markets, rapidly picking up experience. After the first year you will begin to narrow down your focus and select a specific industry to grow and specialise in.
Due to the diversity of the role, no specialist or technical degree is required. Any graduate looking for a fast-track into business should consider applying.
This role involves
- Conducting phone-based research to understand the needs of your audience
- Using a mixture of commercial awareness and creativity to develop the event agenda
- Inviting and influencing industry leaders, convincing them to speak at your conference
- Briefing marketing, sales and operations teams to help them drive revenue on your conference
- Travelling internationally to help lead and run the conference on the day
Employee wellbeing is important to us, for example:
- We offer an annual personal learning budget
- We offer subsidised yoga in the office, have a running club that regularly enters into team events and a cycle to work scheme
- We provide free fresh fruit each week
We all get on well and find lots of ways to socialise through:
- Monthly social club events
- Monthly awards night and drinks
- Legendary twice yearly company parties
- Team dinners and activities to celebrate success projects
Why choose us?
- Hanson Wade is one of the top 100 fastest growing SMEs in the UK and our culture is truly phenomenal.
- Our training and career progression opportunities would be hard to beat elsewhere.
- Our culture consistently remains at the heart of what we do.
What we are looking for
- Intelligence and confidence to think on their feet and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Communication skills to work with directors of large companies, your clients, to conduct research and influence their involvement in the conference
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit; are tenacious, ambitious and highly motivated; with demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
plsu commission £30,000 OTE