What is conference production? In short you are responsible for understanding what a conference audience wants to learn about (market research), and then developing the agenda and inviting the best speakers that can help solve our audience’s problems (product development).
You will spend time conducting phone-based research with industry leaders, developing relationships with international clients and leveraging their support to create brand new conferences, as well as grow established events.
You’ll become the project manager for your event working closely with the marketing, sales and operations teams to ensure the event is a commercial success. This is the perfect career for a confident and intelligent graduate looking for a challenging but highly rewarding career which will fast-track their learning in the world of business, while enjoying international travel and an excellent company culture.
Four years ago, we started a brand new team focused on construction and engineering, which has become one of the fastest growing portfolios in the business, with thousands of people attending our events annually. We now need an ambitious team member to help us grow this further and so you will rapidly pick up practical experience as you research and develop new conferences from your first few weeks in the role! After the first year, you will then begin to build your own specific network and find your own niche to grow and specialise in.
Due to the diversity of the role, no specialist or technical degree is required, nor any prior experience with construction or engineering – just have a passion for learning, determination to succeed and not be fazed by a dynamic role that will keep you thinking on your feet.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting phone-based research to understand the needs of your audience
- Using a mixture of creativity and commercial awareness to develop the event agenda
- Inviting and influencing industry leaders, persuading them to speak at your conference
- Briefing marketing, sales and operations teams to help them drive revenue on your conference
- Managing the project team in the lead up to the event and supporting them with your research insight
- Travelling internationally to help lead and run the conference on the day
Why choose us?
- Hanson Wade is one of the top 100 fastest growing SMEs in the UK and our culture is truly phenomenal.
- Our training and career progression opportunities would be hard to beat elsewhere.
- Our culture consistently remains at the heart of what we do.
- We offer a fast-tracked career in a successful, expanding company with global scope
- Company benefits including monthly awards and social events, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, office yoga, a run club, charity day and many more
Hanson Wade is an amazing company to work for. But don’t take our word for it. Our Glassdoor rating makes us one of the leading employers in the country – check out the reviews for yourself.
What we are looking for
- Have a naturally inquisitive mind and thirst for knowledge to continually develop and refine your understanding of the industry and conference topics
- Have the listening and communication skills to work with directors of large companies, your clients, to conduct research and influence their involvement in the conference
- Have strong entrepreneurial spirit; are tenacious, ambitious and highly motivated; with demonstrable ability to manager multiple projects and deadlines
- Be open to new challenges and have the intelligence and confidence to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to lead and work as part of a team to achieve a common goal
Be degree educated with a 2:1 or a First from a leading university
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £23,000 base
plus commission £30,000 OTE
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment