Love science but would like to have a more commercially driven career in a dynamic, fast paced company?
Join our high-performing conference production team where you will create cutting edge events for the science community. While an interest in science is desirable it’s not essential. What’s more important is that you’re ambitious with a natural passion for research and a thirst for business.
You’ll need an intellectual curiosity to get to grips with complex challenges that come with conference production and be happy working to very tight deadlines. This role offers the opportunity to accelerate your career rapidly, travel internationally and gain a broad understanding of business issues within the science industry.
More about the role
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Life Science Conference Producer role at one of our established portfolio, and you’ll have the responsibility to curate the content for this community – which will ultimately help advance pre-clinical drug discovery to market.
You will be contacting senior level executives by phone to research the content of your conference which will address the science industry’s’ most critical business challenges. You’ll use your research to write the agenda, secure the speakers, guide the sales and marketing campaigns, and manage the profitability of each event. As a producer it will be your responsibility to ensure the smooth running of the events, so travel is guaranteed.
With overall responsibility for the successful delivery of each event, you’ll need to be an engaging and persuasive communicator and a natural relationship builder. You’ll be comfortable accepting responsibility and leading a team to achieve demanding goals.
By joining our dynamic team of conference producers you will develop your commercial and business research skills in a fast-paced and supportive corporate environment. Our highly skilled trainers will continue to coach, mentor, train and develop your business talent to ensure you’re progressing your career as fast as possible.
We will offer you:
- New offices in London, Victoria with frequent international travel to your events
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced, professional business environment
- A company where the culture is one of transparency, honesty and support
- First class training and career development programs
- Unlimited career opportunities
- A supportive environment that loves to celebrate success
Why choose us:
- Hanson Wade is one of the top 100 fastest growing SMEs in the UK and our culture is truly phenomenal.
- Our training and career progression opportunities would be hard to beat elsewhere.
- Our culture consistently remains at the heart of what we do.
Employee wellbeing is important to us, for example:
- We offer an annual personal learning budget
- We offer subsidised yoga in the office, have a running club that regularly enters into team events and a cycle to work scheme
- We provide free fresh fruit each week
We all get on well and find lots of ways to socialise through:
- Monthly social club events
- Monthly awards night and drinks
- Legendary twice yearly company parties
- Team dinners and activities to celebrate success projects
What we are looking for
To be successful you will require the following:
• A natural passion for business research
• Comfortable with high levels of phone activity speaking to business leaders
- 2:1 or a first in scientific degree from a leading university
- High academic achievements including A or A* at A-level
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment