Do you thrive on making your mark in a great team environment whilst also being able to knuckle down and focus? Are you passionate about getting results? – and that means for your clients as much as for yourself. Then a Beacon Sales Development Representative role, providing research and competitive intelligence solutions to the pharmaceutical industry is the perfect role for you.
The Beacon Sales team is responsible for selling subscriptions to our market leading SaaS platform into the biopharmaceutical market. You will be prospecting leaders in the Life Science pharmaceutical and biotech industry with job roles including Heads of R&D, Translational Sciences, Clinical and Competitive Intelligence, as well as C-level executives to grow our new business revenue pillar. This role will involve using language skills to generate content and phone-based work to sell the Beacon product to the Asian market, primarily in China.
Your aim is to understand their current approach to competitive and research intelligence efforts, what challenges they are encountering and, most importantly, where Beacon can help. You will be targeted and remunerated on the number of qualified opportunities you generate and how many convert into new accounts.
As soon as you are competent in the Sales Development Representative Role, we will be looking to progress you to the next level – Beacon Account Manager. At this point, you will have a solid grasp of the intricacies of the Beacon sales process and the product itself, as well as of our clients and their specific needs and challenges. You will be ready to take prospects through the sales process from open to close and will be targeted on revenue generated.
We passionately believe that the sales-person who has won the new account is best placed to deliver for that account. As such, we operate a hybrid new business/account management structure. The more success you achieve in bringing on board new accounts, the more account management involved in the role.
Year One Average Earnings - £36,000
Year Two Average Earnings - £52,000
Year Three Average Earnings - £71,000
SDR Base Range: £25,000-£28,000 (with an OTE of £36,000 in your first year uncapped)
Why choose us?
- We offer well-being bonuses such as a personal learning budget, yoga in the office, employee assistance programme and well-being champions
- Private health and life insurance
- Hybrid working arrangement – you choose where you would like to work
- A range of different social clubs such as, book club, five-a-side, netball and more…
- 1 extra day of annual leave each year, up to 30 days of annual leave (not including public holidays)
- Access to our Wader Hub benefits platform which include, retail, gym, hospitality, and wellness discounts
- Volunteer day (we offer all our employees the chance to take a day on us to get out there and do some good!)
- Monthly awards and social events (we’re talking sports days, karaoke nights, theatre trips, cooking courses, you name it!)
- Sabbatical options after 2 and 5 years
- Opportunities for professional education sponsorship
What we are looking for
- Fluent Mandarin language abilities as well as English language abilities
- Knowledgeable of the Life Sciences Industry through academic studies.
- Genuinely passionate about business and sales – proud to attract new clients and closing creative deals
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed in the world of business
- Coachable and fast to implement learning to improve skills and knowledge
- Motivated by targets and always aiming to overachieve
- Creative and high energy in everything you do
While skills and knowledge are at the heart of what we do, there is no substitute for a great attitude. Core traits of Beacon sales reps are:
- Ambitious, while also recognising and celebrating the success of others
- Eagerness to learn and openness to development, while trusting in your own convictions
- Strong work ethic, while also appreciating that there is time to relax and enjoy your success
- Resilient sales outreach, knowing that the little wins lead to long term success
Accepted degree subjects
- biology and life sciences
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
(with an OTE of £36,000 in your first year uncapped)
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 December 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 December 2023