News alert from Spain
Positions available to join us here in Spain for September 2018 as a Conversation Assistant. Live and work in Spain with the security of full board and a host family immersion. Learn to be a TEFL teacher (Free TEFL course included) whilst assisting in a school.
Is CAPS in Spain right for me?
The previous 1800+ Conversation Assistants who have completed the programme will all testify that CAPS is a life changing opportunity, and we are now looking for the new wave of people to add to the success story. If your goal is to make a big change in your life, and helping children in Spain improve their English seems like an ideal role and destination, then we want to hear from you!
Spain is a Mediterranean paradise because of its weather, socialising, culture and good health. Spain ranks as the best place in Europe for people moving abroad and wanting to enjoy life. Rather than living mostly in a tourist bubble, the CAPS Programme allows people to be fully immersed in the culture of Spain. Spaniards are a friendly bunch, making Spain one of the best places in the world to make friends. With a little effort with the local lingo, socialising is a breeze and friends are made for life.
What will I be doing?
In your assigned Spanish school: The aim is that you aid in improving teaching and student communication in English for 25 classroom hours per week from Monday to Friday. Students could vary in age from infant to secondary depending on placement.
General tasks include: Assisting in whole class alongside main teacher or individually with groups of students, helping with questions related to pronunciation and forming sentence structures, assisting with the preparation of classes or help to prepare complementary material/activities, for example dialogues, quizzes, reading exercises, games, audio-visual activities, presentations, preparing displays, helping with the preparation of oral exams, and speaking practice with teachers (helping the teachers of the school improve their oral English skills) or speaking plus reinforcing language structure with teachers (explaining areas of grammar and other complexities of the English language).
With your volunteer host family: Usually each assistant lives with three host families (one per term). The families are connected to your assigned school and volunteer because they are really interested in learning about you, your culture and also a big positive is that you are a native Speaker and can help them (especially the children) improve their English skills. Therefore it is important to bear in mind that this family will want to spend time with you during the week and at weekends. This relationship is something that makes this programme really special, and in return for your time you will be integrated as another member of the family and this is the best way to fully immerse yourself in a new country.
Where will I be living?
With a volunteer host family full-board and the majority of positions are located within the regions of Catalonia, the Valencian Community and also other areas of Spain.
What other benefits are there?
- Free Certified (six ECTS credits*) TEFL or Advanced TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training course, provided by an internationally recognised Spanish University
- Student Internship contract
- Continuous support and feedback from the assigned tutor/mentor in the school and by the programme organisers
- A student grant of 315€(after taxes) per month
- Full-board accommodation with a volunteer host family
- Great international work experience to add to you CV and the chance to learn a new language
When would I start?
The start date for the program is the 28 September 2018 and ends 21 June 2019
What if I m a resident from outside of Europe?
For applicants applying from outside of the EU visa restrictions apply. Therefore we are only able to accept applicants from the following countries who are eligible to apply for a student visa from their local Spanish Embassy: USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
What we are looking for
- English to an idiomatic level with a good command of the language (the ability to speak Spanish is not required)
- No prior criminal convictions
- Enthusiasm for working with children and encouraging them to speak in English
- An adaptable attitude and the ability to socialise and interact with people
- Desire to live in a foreign country and make the most of the experience
- Commitment to giving their all during the full programme
- Completed Pre-University studies; A-levels, Highers or equivalent.
- Non EU Studies; High School Diploma.
- A current university student or graduate would be advantageous but all applicants will be assessed on their skills and most importantly character.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Apply as indicated and we will send you an application form to complete. From there you will hear back to see if you have been selected to attend a Skype interview. Before you know it, you could be ready to start thinking about what to pack and embarking on a new adventure.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||100|
|Additional location information||Primarily regions of Catalonia and Valencia|
Free 150 hour TEFL Course