Learn to teach in a school and explore life in the Mediterranean with your Spanish host family!
CAPS in a life changing opportunity for people to come to Spain as a Conversation Language Assistant, live with a volunteer host family and help students in their school improve their English skills.
The CAPS programme lasts for one academic school year (29 September 2017 to 23 June 2017). We are looking for committed, young, dynamic and creative people who are ready to take on a life changing experience. Each assistant needs to be willing and committed to help Spanish students from infant, primary or secondary schools improve their level of English by assisting the main teacher for 25 classroom hours per week.
Each assistant receives a monthly allowance, accommodation and training with a free 150 hour TEFL or Advanced Teaching course, which is provided by a Spanish university.
A unique part of the CAPS Programme is that each assistant lives with a host family. This means that each assistant has a warm, safe and authentic ﬁrst-hand cultural experience whilst in Spain.
Also family accommodation removes a considerable amount of financial pressure when living and working abroad. Meals, laundry and transport to and from the school are all covered, leaving you free to spend your monthly allowance as you wish.
What we offer
- Nine month life changing experience.
- Monthly allowance of €315 (CAPS Programme) or €465 (CAPS PLUS Programme) per month with accommodation, food and transport to and from the school included.
- Free TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) / Advanced teaching course and certiﬁcation. This will open doors for you after the CAPS programme, enabling you to travel and teach around the world.
- Gain international and 'real' classroom experience which will improve CV and future prospects.
- Experience the Mediterranean lifestyle, language and customs of Spain.
- Seven years of experience, pioneer in the Spanish Educational Sector.
- More than 1500 Conversation assistants have been successfully placed over the last seven years, why don’t you be the next!
- 400 schools collaborate with our organization.
- Enthusiasm for working with children and encourage them to speak in English.
- An adaptable attitude and the ability to socialize and interact with people.
- Desire to live in a foreign country and make the most of the experience.
- Commitment to give there all during the full programme.
- Native English speaker. The ability to speak Spanish is not required nor is the need to have previous teaching experience.
- Age between 18 and 27
- Completed pre-university studies.
- No prior criminal convictions
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Nine
To request more information and an application form, please click apply now.
For applicants applying from outside of the EU visa restrictions apply. Therefore we are only able to accept applicants from the following countries who are eligible to apply for a student visa from their local Spanish Embassy: USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017