- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker (with facilitation) for a defined group of patients / residents and take responsibility for: protecting and supporting the health of individual patients / residents; assessment of care and health education needs; development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care including discharge planning for each patient
- Under supervision, to gain experience and skills in: clinical practice; facilitation and teaching; management (as appropriate)
- To work in accordance with THG Nursing Strategy and contribute to achieving THG strategic objectives
- To take charge of the ward/department/unit in the absence of senior nursing staff following performance review
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period
- The Huntercombe Group is one of the leading specialist care providers in the UK, providing treatment in the areas of Mental Health and Addictions, Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS), Learning Disabilities and Children Specialist Services.
- We have gained a reputation for innovation and creating the right treatment solutions for patients with particularly challenging and complex needs. Our philosophy is to ensure that every individual admitted to our services has the potential to enhance their prospects for a more fulfilling life.
- The hospital is a 60 bed Tier 4 CAMHS hospital for young people aged 12 -18 years with a range of mental health disorders including eating disorders and complex needs.
- We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment programmes working collaboratively with patients and their families or carers.
- On the hospital site there is a purpose-built 29 bed psychiatric intensive care service (PICU) for patients with severe mental Illness who require very specialist and intensive treatment. The 20 bed eating disorders service is housed separately in the original Manor House.
- The hospital is located approximately one mile from junction 7 of the M4 motorway.
Many of our patients arrive with complex and challenging needs. At the Huntercombe Group you will work with doctors, therapists and other experts to make a world of difference to peoples’ lives.
- Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities.
- A registered nurse with current NMC registration (mental health - learning disabilities – general – paediatric nurse )
- Able to maintain professional standards of practice at all times
- Flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Able to motivate, lead and supervise a team
- Person centred, showing empathy with a desire to make a difference
- Professional in your approach to customer care
- Motivated with the desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Able to provide demonstrable experience of working in mental health and of enhancing care
- Legally entitled to work in the UK
- We’re looking for caring and committed individuals who want to work with a company that understands how important our patients/ residents are.
Accepted degree subjects
nursing and midwifery
How to apply
Send your CV via the Apply button.
We are very happy to arrange informal visits to the site.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 07/11/2017