To reinforce our design team of three Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) designers and four structural/mechanical engineers, we are seeking a CAD designer at degree level (bachelor’s or equivalent) or at HNC/HND level (or equivalent, minimum) in an engineering discipline.
The job mainly consists of designing parts for steel towers using Solidworks. In the long term, our aim is for the designer to learn how to use Tekla and to share his/her time between Solidworks and Tekla, depending on the projects we have to work on.
Motivating salary and benefits including 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, pension scheme, potential annual bonus and support to personal professional development
- Working hours: 40 hours a week (8:00 to 16:30 Monday to Friday)
- Starting date: December, January, February or March (to be decided with the successful candidate)
What we are looking for
- If not a British resident, the candidate must already hold a valid United Kingdom work permit.
- This permanent position is open to a recent graduate or to someone with a few years’ experience.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team but also be capable of using his/her own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- If you are motivated in working in a technical environment, if you are rigorous, organised and willing to work efficiently in a friendly atmosphere, you are the person we need.
- Degree level (bachelor’s or equivalent) or HNC/HND level (or equivalent, minimum) in an engineering discipline
- Experience with a software program such as the ones we use (Solidworks and Tekla) would be advantageous but is not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 November 2019