There’s never been a better time to join Iceland in a graduate role. We’re changing the perceptions of UK shoppers on the nutritional value of food that’s been frozen at source. We call it the #PowerofFrozen, and it’s revitalised our industry and boosted Iceland’s profile higher than it’s ever been in our 47-year history.
We were recently honoured with the Supermarket of the Year 2017 Grocer Gold Award which is just one of a number of awards that highlight and celebrate our presence as one of the most innovative food retailers in the UK. We are now searching for the best graduates to join us in buying, general management and retail to spearhead a whole new generation of Iceland ideas, products, services and people.
We’ll give you responsibility from day one, as you make decisions that will shape the future of our business and your career! You will participate in and lead major projects and have accountability for your results. Of course, we’ll mentor you all the way, so you’re able to make the right choices to send profits soaring. But you’ll already have a great knowledge of the food retail market and a passion for getting it right for our customers today and tomorrow.
With just a few roles on offer, Iceland are only searching for the most ambitious, innovative, fast-paced and driven graduates. Because this is a business that never stands still. Just like you, we’re fiercely commercial, fiercely competitive and love standing out from the crowd. And, just like you, we’re high achievers who can’t wait to make the next big decision to build on our history of success.
Join us and you’ll be part of the unique Iceland family culture. It’s friendly, informal and dynamic – and sees no conflict between professionalism and having fun. That’s why we’ve twice been voted the UK’s Best Big Company To Work For.
If you’re looking to power up your career, you need the Power of Frozen. You need Iceland.
- Knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 is essential
- Understanding of building pathology and the built environment
- Knowledge of statutory compliance
- Good knowledge of maintenance matters affecting a large diverse portfolio
- Experience of managing budgets and accounting processes
- Computer literacy; knowledge of producing and working with spreadsheets and databases
- Some knowledge of reading and interpreting leases is desirable but not essential.
- Degree level qualification in a building surveying / property related discipline preferred but not essential
- Desire to work towards MRICS / MCIOB qualification
- Full clean driving licence
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You'll either have, or be on track for, a 1st class or 2:1 Honours degree
- You’ll have minimum of 250 UCAS points
- Ideally, you’ll have also completed an Industrial Placement or relevant work experience under your belt
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Three separate schemes
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 20/09/2018