ImmerQi are the China experts; since 1993 we have been deeply entrenched in the education sector in China. ImmerQi’s China Internship Programme places current students and recent graduates from around the world in professional corporate and hospitality internships in three major Chinese cities; Beijing, Shanghai and Chengdu.
Placements vary from entrepreneurial start-ups in Beijing and Shanghai’s thriving start-up sector, to small and medium sized international and Chinese firms, including the following sectors:
- Architecture and real estate
- Business and consulting
- Education and translation
- Engineering and science
- Finance, accounting and insurance
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals
- HR and administration
- IT/computer science
- Manufacturing, trade, logistics
- Marketing and advertising
- Media and creative industries
- NGO, charities, green energy
- PR and event management
- Tourism and travel
What makes ImmerQi different
- Family owned and run – ImmerQi takes pride in caring for all our program participants like they’re our family.
- 24/7 Support – ImmerQi’s in-country support for participants is second to none. Our 30 staff, a mix of local Chinese and internationals, will ensure you’re in safe hands.
- Award winning – winner of the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015 ASEAN Outstanding Business Award in Education and Cultural Immersion.
- China experts – headquartered in Beijing since 2005, with over 4000 alumni. We’ve seen it all.
- One - six month placements – flexibility to choose the duration that will suit your schedule, with the option to arrive any month of the year.
- No stress on arrival – visa invitation letter couriered to you, airport pick-up and transfers, soft landing orientation, welcome pack, city tour and welcome meal.
- Monthly events – each month ImmerQi arrange either a professional, cultural or social get together for all current participants, plus we’ll keep you updated on other relevant events and functions you can attend.
- Giving back to the community – ImmerQi actively support a number of locally run non-government organisations (NGO’s), ask us how you can get involved!
- Placements are available from four weeks to 24 weeks.
- No mandarin language skills required – Your supervisor will speak English
- ImmerQi accompanies all interns to their host company to introduce you to your supervisor (and make sure you don’t get lost!)
- ImmerQi has regular communication with all host companies and interns to guide the intern through their experience, provide useful tips and any necessary support
- ImmerQi will step-in to assist with any mediation required in the case of issues arising between the intern and the host company
ImmerQi’s full service package means that you don’t have to worry, and can concentrate on enjoying your experience. Plus, our bi-lingual staff are available 24/7 should you need us for any type of situation. The program is inclusive of the following:
- Guaranteed internship placement
- Accommodation (furnished shared apartment including utilities)
- Visa invitation letter and assistance
- Airport pickup and accommodation transfer
- Welcome pack (local SIM card, transportation Card, maps, mandarin phrasebook)
- Comprehensive orientation
- City tour and welcome meal
- ImmerQi monthly events (professional networking and business events, dinners, charities, etc.)
- 24/7 in-country support
- Completion certificate and company reference
- Mandarin language classes (3 hours’ group classes per week) – optional
ImmerQi is a Beijing based program operator of corporate and hospitality internships, English teaching placements, au pair, volunteering, Mandarin language study, university faculty-led programs and semester abroad. We have been bridging the gap between East and West with cultural immersion opportunities for the past 24 years. For our work in China we received the 2011,2013, 2014, and 2015 ASEAN Outstanding Business Award and the JCI Socially Responsible Company Award in 2012 and 2013 for our work in International Youth Education Programs.
Applicants should be current students or recently graduated from university. We also accept students enrolled to university the following year (gap year). Applicants should also be motivated, have an interest in Chinese culture, flexible, and open to new experiences.
Accepted degree subjects
Some of our host companies pay monthly stipend (Either meal/transportation stipend or monthly stipend within the range of RMB 1,000 to RMB 2,000 per month)
Beijing · Chengdu · Shanghai
Contract and working hours
How to apply
To get started, apply today, or speak to one of our Student Advisors. You should apply at least three months prior to your intended arrival date. Full program fees are due AFTER your internship placement has been confirmed.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 11/08/2017