Despite the uncertainty COVID-19 brings, IOP's online application process for scholarships is continuing as planned.
Could you use your knowledge to change the world for the better?
An Institute of Physics (IOP) teacher training scholarship could help you start an exciting new career as a physics teacher. 150 scholarships are available for 2020 – 2021, giving you the support you need to succeed and stand out.
With an IOP scholarship, you get:
- £28,000 of funding, tax free, plus early career payments. Following qualification, eligible teachers will receive an additional £6,000 paid across the first four years of their careers on top of their salaries
- IOP membership for your training year
- Invitations to exclusive events and educational trips
- Access to a network of professional physicists
- The opportunity to help shape how physics is taught
The scholarships are funded by Department for Education in partnership with The Institute of Physics.
What we are looking for
To apply for a scholarship you must have an excellent academic record, with a first or 2:1 degree, master's degree, PhD or recognised equivalent. If you have a 2:2 degree, we will consider your application if you have significant relevant experience to show.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North East England
- North West England
- South East England
- South West England
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- £28,000 tax free
Early career payments
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 April 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 April 2020