Do you have a strong interest in engineering software systems which solve real world problems? Do you want to improve and expand your knowledge and skills by contributing to advanced product development? Then this is the job for you! Working with the team, and reporting to the project lead, you will use and advance your expertise and proficiency by contributing to development across the full product lifecycle.
At InSync, we're looking for a highly motivated Junior Software Engineer to join our software products team, contributing to new product deployment and further development of product functionality and performance. You will help us design and develop audio and video processing solutions into world-leading products. InSync's software incorporates core technology converting picture, sound and metadata using proprietary digital signal processing algorithms.
Working at InSync, as a member of a small, focused team, you will have the support and guidance of experienced engineers, while being capable of demonstrating initiative and self-motivated, independent working. As a dedicated team player you will be expected to share knowledge and will have the opportunity to mentor others.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to join the employee share ownership scheme after a qualifying period.
What we are looking for
- Keen interest in problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team working ability
- Experience of professional C++ software development
- Proven competence in the use of debugging and analytic tools
- Competence in the use of revision control software
- Familiarity with other programming and scripting languages
- Experience in software architecture design
- Knowledge of video/audio formats and processing
- Experience of development for cloud services
- Experience of OpenCL programming or similar
Honours degree in electronics, computer science, mathematics or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 01/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||One|
|Additional location information||Petersfield|
Employee owned company; flexible working hours; pension; company-funded social events