Serious about getting ahead?
We are looking for a Graduate Front-End Software Engineer or Web Designer to deliver a great user experience to the clients of our AI-based cloud image analysis systems. Initially for a one year fixed term period with a view to a permanent position following company growth.
With industries across the globe producing a greater and greater volume of imaging data, Intogral Limited provides an essential service.
Utilising world-class research in image processing, machine learning, computer graphics and GPU computing method with an initial focus upon medical diagnostics and deep-learning applications.
Working in a small team, the job is open for immediate applications, to start at the beginning of July 2018.The role will be great for an ambitious graduate computer scientist or designer who wants to work at the cutting edge of technology in a sector that will create real societal benefits.
Our team's culture
- Writing simple, clear code
- Open discussion
- Continuing training and development
- Ownership of your own code
- Lead in the design and development of the Intogral Limited website and various in-house web-based tools
- Be self-driven with a keen eye for visual presentation, with consideration of the interface design and end-user interaction experience
- Ability to adhere and build upon company branding
- Maintain a clean, simple, well-formatted and well-structured codebase
- Test web front-end tools across various layouts, devices, and browsers
- Communicate clearly with internal and external customers / partners
Flexible working hours with the option to work from home for part of the week if desired. 25-days annual leave, plus five days paid personal development leave, plus bank holidays. A 40-hour working week.
We expect our team members to all represent the business and proactively lead the development of our products.
What we are looking for
You should be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills:
- Showcase of responsive websites
- Expertise in manipulating the DOM
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) experience and/or SQL (e.g. MySQL/PostreSQL)
- Experience in testing websites
- UNIX experience
- Competent use of Git, Slack and other related tools
- Know how to produce professional code that can be transferred to a client
- Security (TLS/SSL, database security, XSS, challenge-response authentication, …)
It would be useful if you were also able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Flask backend
- NGINX/Apache experience
- Developing secure login systems
- Payment processing
- Google maps API or similar
- Evidence of having a keen eye for visual presentation
- Visual portfolio/website/CV showcasing projects.
- Desirable, but not essential: BSc, MSc in computer science, graphics design or related field.
- Experience gained in a relevant field, either academic or industrial.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
We would like you to submit your CV with a covering letter, via the Apply button, explaining why you want to work for Intogral and what experience you can bring to our small team. Successful candidates will be asked to come to Durham to meet the team and demonstrate your practical ability.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 24/06/2018
Additional job details
plus share options, depending upon skills and experience