An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
Pulses racing. Spines tingling. Throughout our history, our iconic vehicles have delivered some of the most emotive driving experiences on the road. Today, with increasing demand and ever-growing ambition, we’re seeking the next generation of innovators who will capture the hearts and minds of customers in every corner of the world.
Our expanding undergraduate programmes reflect our commitment to finding and developing the future leaders of our business.
What to expect
Innovative and pioneering, since the beginning we’ve been committed to delivering the best manufacturing techniques. Today, revolutionary technologies and innovative lean processes combine to meet our ambitious programme of new models and vehicle lines. From process engineering and powertrain manufacturing to launching new model programmes, and International growth of our production facilities, the scope of manufacturing is vast and you’ll use your drive to make an impact in a diverse range of areas, including:
- Application of lean manufacturing and design principles in world class facilities
- Managing the design, development and implementation of new facilities and/or processes for minimum environmental impact with a focus towards autonomous, connected and electrified vehicle development
- Supporting supplier selection and vendor management with the opportunity for genuine early responsibility
- Assessing feasibility of designs to suit manufacturing build requirements
- Preparation of costs, budgets and timing plans for large projects, both UK and International
- Co-ordinate the support of plant engineering functions with respect to the provision of facilities and utilities
- Determine process capability of processes and equipment, including dimensional management applications
- Assessment and feasibility of new manufacturing facilities, including international assignments
- Production quality planning and analysis
With ongoing support from industry-leading experts, you’ll help drive our success across the world.
As you’d expect from one of the world’s most revered organisations, an outstanding range of rewards and benefits await those who have the vision and drive to continue our global success – including a competitive starting salary. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover an excellent place to start your journey and put your excellence in motion.
Duration: 12 months.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Excellence runs throughout our entire business. We expect you to be the same. Currently studying for a relevant STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) degree and on track for at least a 2:2. Driven, determined to learn and with impressive commercial awareness, you’ll have no doubts that our Manufacturing Engineering Undergraduate programme is the next challenge for you. Please be aware that our undergraduate placement opportunities are only open to penultimate year students (i.e. students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us or those applying for a 12 month placement as a formal part of their degree course). This does not apply to our Engineering sponsorship schemes where any year of study is considered.
Whatever your role, you’ll discover our dedication to developing excellence runs throughout the business. Your innovation and creativity will be challenged every day, as you develop a rigorous and commercially focused approach to your work. And with ongoing support from industry-leading experts, you’ll quickly realise the schemes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the pioneering vehicles you’ll help produce.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · transport engineering · mathematics · aerospace engineering · chemical engineering · biology and life sciences · mechanical engineering · chemistry · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management · civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018