As the HR Administrator you will work alongside the HR Manager to deliver a high-quality service to the team at Jarmany. You will have a significant impact on the day-to-day running HR function, including but not limited to administrative support, assisting with recruitment and maintaining employment records. The role will also provide the opportunity to learn and assist in large HR projects. You will be working with employees at all levels of Jarmany and will need to have an organised, logical approach to your work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated HR Assistant with strong organisational, commercial and communication skills. You must have a positive, friendly nature with a professional and approachable disposition. Previous HR administration experience would be preferred.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related queries, taking ownership for resolution
- Manage the HR inbox and respond to all emails in a timely manner
- Produce and issue contracts of employment and changes to terms and conditions documentation
- Create personnel files for all new starters and ensure that all documentation is present and completed.
- Request employment references and DBS checks for new starters as required
- Maintain employee and general files (electronic and hard copies)
- Support the HR Manager in running new starters induction sessions
- Assist in the recruitment process, including CV screening, arranging and attending interviews
- Co-ordinate training, meetings and Jarmany team events, including sending out invitations, booking venues and setting up rooms.
- Manage the leaver process, liaising with payroll, IT and the manager as required
- Ensure that Health and Safety records are kept up to date
- Ensure correct information is provided quickly and accurately to Payroll
- Assist with any employee relation issues including notetaking at investigations/disciplinary meetings as and when required
- Produce ad hoc and monthly reports for the HR Manger and Leadership Team
- Assist with the general day to day running of the Jarmany office including ordering kitchen and office supplies
What we are looking for
- Basic knowledge of UK employment law.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues across the business.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Be computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and able to manage own time effectively.
- Be able to juggle a varied and busy workload.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- CIPD Level 5 desired but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Kingston upon Thames
Pension, private medical, travel insurance and gym contribution
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment