As an Infrastructure Analyst for Jarmany, you’ll be working on major projects for globally recognised organisations. Working with cutting-edge technologies, you’ll also develop the skills required to help manage Jarmany’s internal infrastructure, while receiving continuous support and training from a Senior Analyst and support teams.
Data being our primary currency, we place huge emphasis on the collection and structuring of our information and utilise the full capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server to assist with the ETL process. You’ll be responsible for managing these systems and helping to implement best practice throughout the organisation.
As part of this role you will be enrolled in our Graduate Scheme which will support you through the first 18 months of your time at Jarmany. The scheme will provide you with a structured program to guide your learning and provide you with regular reviews.
At Jarmany, things are a little different because we’re an innovative, agile company where your ideas and insights are welcomed. You’ll get the opportunity to work with leading companies in positions of responsibility. You’ll also learn what it is like to work in an entrepreneurial environment and become part of our collaborative community.
Technical skills developed on the job
- Commercial experience of working with SQL Server (scripting and database administration)
- Experience in troubleshooting and understanding existing database systems, performance tuning and optimisation
- Understanding of ETL, stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Designing/implementing data cubes using SSAS
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure cloud administration
- Web and application development using C#, ASP.NET
- Microsoft Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View
- Front-end data visualisation development using tools such as Excel, Qlik Sense, Tableau etc.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis in R & Python
What we are looking for
- Strong academic success
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Commercial awareness
- Independent, self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Great with technology (MS Office proficiency required)
- Results-driven and able to work well in a team
- Commercial/Internship experience preferred but not essential
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Minimum 2:1 degree in computer science / software engineering
- A-levels or equivalent to more than 300 UCAS / 120 New UCAS points
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button.
Please note that due to the volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be invited to a graduate assessment day
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19/09/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
Rising to £30,000 after completion of the 18 month graduate programme, plus benefits (healthcare, gym)