Digital resources is the Jisc directorate that delivers services that support the procurement, licensing, management, discovery and use of content and software for UK further education, higher education and research. Our work areas are: licensing, open research, content and discovery.
In open research, we are focused on empowering the research community through culture change and connected infrastructure to be as open as possible and as secure as necessary, enabling high quality and trusted research. Our portfolio includes a range of products and services that support the sector throughout the research lifecycle, by enabling change, reducing and removing barriers and promoting best practice.
About the role
This is a fantastic, brand new role in Digital Resources and we are looking for a Business Operations Assistant to support our open research team as follows:
- You will be responsible for day-to-day delivery of business process management and senior administration support services for open research services. This includes working alongside the director, heads of product and product managers to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of business operations for the portfolio.
- You will be working closely with the leadership team to review and implement optimal procedures and processes. This will require an understanding of product management, service delivery and risk management.
- You will support the collation of financial, product and portfolio data to develop reports.
- This role will span the entire Jisc open research portfolio and there will be a requirement to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop productive relationships.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors. At Jisc we offer hybrid working so you have the flexibility to work from home or if you prefer, from any of our offices. At times you may be required to attend meetings, however there are situations where you may need to work from the office more often, but will be dependent on your role requirement.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
- The option to join a generous pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
What we are looking for
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need.
We are looking for:
- A track record of business administration to deliver increased efficiencies whilst supporting stakeholders to ensure business processes are kept aligned and updated
- Experience in business processes and procedures that enable teams to meet objectives
- Experience in administration and business processes and mapping
- High-level technical proficiency, data processing, process and operational skills
- High-level communications skills - able to effectively convey and synthesise detailed, technical and non-technical, complex requirements to all audiences
- High-level administration skills with effective problem solving
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- UK wide · Hybrid - office based with full flexibility to work from home or at any of our hubs – London, Bristol, Manchester and Harwell.
- from £24,000
negotiable depending on experience (when working full time max 35 hours per week)
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2022