The key focus of our digital capabilities team is to ensure our members and customers are able to use our products and services successfully to support their digital transformation. We provide a service capability supported by customer success management including marketing, thought leadership, transitioning products to service, onboarding, and developing networks supporting colleagues across the directorate.
The team understands our member and customer requirements through ongoing collection and analysis of data and feedback and feed this into the product road maps. You will get involved in aspects of marketing, customer fulfilment and onboarding, customer support, account management and customer retention.
About the role
As the copy/content writer you will work closely with the head of delivery and the building digital capabilities (BDC) team to review and develop the content on web pages and service documentation to support the BDC upgrade and review project.
In this exciting role you will support the changes required as the upgrade progresses, working with the product owner, project manager and content curation manager to provide new and/or revised documentation as requested.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
- The option to join a generous pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
What we are looking for
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need.
We are looking for:
- Experience in report writing and wider content creation and adjusting content following platform or product changes
- Proven experience of writing engaging member/customer facing copy for a range of audiences across multiple channels
- Experience of writing in different formats and the ability to adapt your tone of voice depending on the audience, channel and content type
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- UK wide · office based with flexibility to work from home or at any of our hubs
depending on experience
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2022