This is an exciting opportunity within the Finance Systems team. You will be responsible for the maintenance and integrity of Finance systems related data for the totality of Jisc’s trade. Primary work will centre on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance but to likewise maintain our data assets on various legacy accounts, expenses and asset management systems as well.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Perform changes, maintenance and assist regular reviews of cost centres, Joiner/Mover/Leavers and application of security roles across Jisc’s Finance systems
- Supports users of finance systems by ensuring timely and complete answers to user data related queries and ticket requests
- Assist Manager with tracking and goods receipt of all Finance Systems/Licensing/Software related spend, ensuring suppliers can get paid on time by Accounts Payable without surprises
- Keep System Operational Procedures, QMS documents and tracking spreadsheets up to date
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors. At Jisc we offer hybrid working so you have the flexibility to work from home or if you prefer, from any of our offices. At times you may be required to attend meetings, however there are situations where you may need to work from the office more often, but will be dependent on your role requirement.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
- The option to join a generous pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
What we are looking for
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We are looking for
- Experience learning new software and/or business processes and applying them in your day-to-day work
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly, to learn new technologies and procedures
- Familiar with and actively used Microsoft Office tools, including Excel and Word
- Communicating effectively with non-technical users and resolving their queries
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Manchester · office based with full flexibility to work from home or at any of our hubs
negotiable depending on experience
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CVs as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 05/07/202
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 August 2022