The marketing team is at the heart of the marketing and communications activity at Jisc. Our highly experienced and passionate team are vital in the development, planning and execution of all of our marketing activity. - campaigns, member events and product support all make up the hugely varied and exciting work carried out by the team
Focussed on communicating to our members and customers the many ways Jisc supports them in their work, the team help them deliver better outcomes for their learners and staff, resulting in a better experience. Whether it’s about the power and security of the Janet network, the value we bring as a sector wide negotiator or how our cloud solutions can support digital transformation, the team are skilled in understanding the challenges of our members, and then shaping our offer to help them respond effectively.
- We are looking for a copywriter who can bring our marketing campaigns to life. Our marketing campaigns are content driven, focussed on highlighting the value of Jisc membership, and the benefits and opportunities realised by our members and customers when they work with us.
- This role is all about creating a wide range of content – including member stories, case studies, blog pieces, profiles/interviews as well as positioning pieces to contextualise existing material. As a result you will work with experts across Jisc, as well as members, who are making a real difference to education and research through the use of technology.
- You’ll write compelling and accessible content that inspires and motivates the audience to find out more.
- You’ll be able to take some complex, and at times, highly technical conversations, and distil them to an engaging story, without over simplifying.
- You’ll develop an understanding of our wide range of audiences and be able to target your writing to them, across a range of channels.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
- We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
- Simply health – a health cash plan
- You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
- We provide discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can, so you may need to travel on occasion. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
What we are looking for
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with experience of writing in different formats and the ability to adapt your tone of voice depending on the audience, channel and content type
- Proven experience of writing engaging member/customer facing copy for a range of audiences across multiple channels
- Working within brand and tone of voice guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A flair for writing engaging copy for different audiences
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Bristol · but can be flexible on location
- from £23,000
salary based on full-time working of 35 hours pw
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 17/01/21.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment