We’re looking for amazing people to help us drive a digital revolution for the benefit of society.
This is a great role where you will gain a huge amount of experience and grow your career within our Content & Discovery team.
This will involve the following:
- Provide expertise and support to users of our suite of further education content services.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to users of the virtual library service
- Development of support materials to guide and maximise uptake and usage of the FE and skills content services
- Assist the undertaking of testing of learning resources and service websites
- Support the wider Content and Discovery team products as required
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
- A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
- You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
- We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and is essential in this role, so you will need to travel. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
What we are looking for
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need.
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- Experience of providing telephone and email support to customers in a service environment
- Experience in the creation and development of support and guidance materials
- Able to give presentations therefore must be comfortable to do this face to face or online
- Open to working in a flexible manner where projects necessitate
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new skills on the job
- Some knowledge of Virtual Learning Environments (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard, Google Classroom) is advantageous but not essential
- Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Manchester · Work from home – flexible, but Manchester preferred
when working full time (35 hours a week)
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 October 2021