A graduate programme at JLR gives you access to some of the most innovative and visionary industry experts, networking opportunities and invaluable industry insight. By the time you finish the programme, you’ll play a vital part in JLR’s future and build the exceptional long-term career you’ve proved you're capable of.
Arrive with ambition. Grow with freedom.
Industrial Operations: Digital & Innovation
You will be part of our Digital and Innovation team within Industrial Operations, creating the Omniverse platforms that will transform the way we design and build cars. Working with world-leading suppliers of AI technology, you will gain hands-on experience of designing and developing the virtual toolsets that allow us to test and prove our concepts and ideas. Based at our NAIC facilities at Warwick University, you will enjoy exposure to the latest research and innovation in this field.
What’s more, you could find yourself building digital twins of our factories in the NVIDIA Omniverse and developing Vision inspection systems, including coding artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Finally, as part of the scheme you will enjoy rotations around other areas of Digital and Innovation.
Rewards and benefits
Our 2024 graduate programme salary is £31,000, with a £2,000 joining bonus to welcome you to JLR. After two years, you will progress from the graduate programme on a £38,000 salary. In addition, JLR offer a generous holiday allowance, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, excellent pension provisions and access to a wide range of deals and discounts from well-known retailers and sports clubs.
Once you’ve successfully completed your graduate programme, you can look forward to a long-term career with us. The role you take on will depend on your performance, personal preferences and business needs.
You will be applying your curiosity and creativity every day as you begin to hone your skills for a successful, impactful career. You own your development, and only you can make it happen. We’ll be right by your side in your pursuit of exceptional, and we’ll give you all the encouragement and support you need.
Your future starts here.
What we are looking for
- To join us, you will need a degree-level understanding of algorithmic concepts and high-level programming languages such as C++ and Python as you will have the opportunity to undertake software engineering activities including programming, AI, data structures, machine learning and modelling.
- You will need to hold or be on track to achieve at least a 2.2 degree in a games-based design or software-based degree.
- In addition, you will have real passion for problem-solving and the curiosity to understand business challenges and deliver innovative solutions. You will also have strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to champion new initiatives.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Warwick · The National Automotive Innovation Centre (NAIC) at the University of Warwick.
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 9 September 2024
How to apply
Please be aware that we may close our programmes at any point and at short notice based on the volume of applications received. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please apply early.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 January 2024