Spend your summer working with our industry experts to identify opportunities and create efficiencies that support our global business. You'll make meaningful contributions while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
What you can expect
Work with peers and executives across various lines of business to drive growth, ensure operational effectiveness, manage risk and maintain our global reputation for excellence. You’ll gain insight into how our businesses come together to serve our clients around the world.
“I work on real projects with different teams and learn about various divisions, functions and markets every day.” - Jeffrey, Analyst
This 10-week programme - a talent pipeline for our full-time rotational Corporate Analyst Development Programme - offers a unique opportunity to develop your foundational skills within one of our lines of business or corporate functions, in one of four core business disciplines:
Analytics and business management: Analyse and present key performance metrics and data. You’ll be responsible for creating, analysing and/or updating critical reports for senior management and partnering with internal business teams to manage their operating plans.
Project management: Work with operations, finance, risk management, product management, client services, technology, legal and compliance to communicate business needs and help drive the direction of a project throughout its life cycle. You’ll be responsible for understanding and applying the key principles of project management and communicating status updates and outcomes.
Process improvement: Identify potential improvement opportunities by assessing risks, costs, and benefits of alternative decisions and engaging stakeholders within the business. You’ll be responsible for the development of a critical process improvement initiative and involved in gathering, modelling and analysing data.
Risk and control: You’ll be responsible for evaluating and quantifying operational risk impacts, compliance initiatives and/or regulatory requirements across our businesses.
You'll gain a comprehensive view of the firm by working in one of these disciplines within one of our lines of business or corporate functions. You’ll build your knowledge, network and experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Upon successful completion of the program, you may receive an offer of full-time employment.
Programme start: June 2019 (10 weeks).
What we are looking for
We're looking for leaders with the vision and initiative to develop solutions that drive change.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong team player who is proactive, responsive and can thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Aptitude to digest large amounts of information and use it to develop innovative solutions with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm for financial services
- Relevant experience and demonstrated leadership in a university or community organisation
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
A well-rounded academic background is essential, you should be on track for a 2:1 bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree; you should be in your second year of study and be available to start on the programme in June 2018.
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Bournemouth · Edinburgh · London|
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and highly competitive compensation package