Work alongside our top-tier professionals, analysing results and offering insights across our lines of business and corporate areas. You’ll combine sophisticated analysis methods, accurate reporting and financial discipline to ensure the firm is meeting its goals. The function of Global Finance and Business Management is critical to all facets of the business, dedicated to continually making our business better – strategically, financially and operationally.
This ten-week programme offers on-the-job training and hands-on experience working on projects and initiatives that drive business results and support the bottom line. You'll gain first-hand exposure to finance in one of the following roles:
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimising business performance by driving key initiatives. Business Management are also responsible for helping to drive key initiatives that optimise business performance.
- Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory, as well as product valuation; and provide this expertise to strategic and ongoing technology and operational process improvement initiatives. The different types of Controller roles consist of Legal Entity Controller, Financial Controller, Product Controller, Valuation Controller, Treasury Controller, Investor Services Controller, Global Controller, and Bank Controller.
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of financial planning and forecasting.
- Project Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and workstreams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.
- Regulatory Reporting and Capital Policy - Responsible for the preparation and submission of reporting to the UK regulatory bodies, monitoring of regulatory capital requirements, the interpretation, application and implementation of rules and policies, in parallel to providing guidance to the business
In addition to ongoing technical and professional skill development, we offer one-on-one mentorship and networking opportunities with senior leaders across the firm. You may receive an offer for the full-time Global Finance & Business Management Analyst Program upon successful completion of the internship.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Our teams have a clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns with leadership positions in America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from Investment Banking to Technology, Operations and Human Resources.
J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
The Global Finance and Business Management function within JPMorgan Chase & Co is a dynamic organisation that plays a critical role, particularly as regulatory and capital requirements continue to impact the way we do business. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for producing financial analyses to help drive strategic business decisions and ensure the company is capable of navigating all types of market environments, while maintaining a fortress balance sheet.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A well-rounded academic background is essential with a minimum degree grade of 2:1 or European equivalent. Results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication of your predicted grade
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in the Finance and Business Management function
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and changing work environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency
- Leadership experience in school or community organisation
- But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Closing date: 26/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/11/2017