Work alongside our top-tier professionals, analyzing results and offering insights across our lines of business and corporate areas. You’ll combine sophisticated analysis methods, accurate reporting and financial discipline to ensure the firm is meeting its goals. The Global Finance and Business Management function is critical to all facets of the business, dedicated to continually making our business better – strategically, financially and operationally.
This ten-week programme offers on-the-job training and hands-on experience working on projects and initiatives that drive business results and support the bottom line. You'll gain first-hand exposure to finance in one of the following roles:
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimizing business performance by driving key initiatives. Business Management are also responsible for helping to drive key initiatives that optimize business performance
- Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory, as well as product valuation; and provide this expertise to strategic and ongoing technology and operational process improvement initiatives. The different types of Controller roles consist of Legal Entity Controller, Financial Controller, Product Controller, Valuation Controller, Treasury Controller, Investor Services Controller, Global Controller, and Bank Controller
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of financial planning and forecasting
- Project Management - Contribute to programmes that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and workstreams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies
- Regulatory Reporting and Capital Policy - Responsible for the preparation and submission of reporting to the UK regulatory bodies, monitoring of regulatory capital requirements, the interpretation, application and implementation of rules and policies, in parallel to providing guidance to the business
In addition to ongoing technical and professional skill development, we offer one-on-one mentorship and networking opportunities with senior leaders across the firm. You may receive an offer for the full-time Global Finance and Business Management Analyst Programme upon successful completion of the internship.
The Global Finance and Business Management function within JP Morgan Chase & Co is a dynamic organisation that plays a critical role, particularly as regulatory and capital requirements continue to impact the way we do business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for producing financial analyses to help drive strategic business decisions and ensure the company is capable of navigating all types of market environments, while maintaining a fortress balance sheet.
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and changing work environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency
- Leadership experience in school or community organisation
- But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team
- A well-rounded academic background is essential with a minimum 2:1 bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is required; you should be in your final year of study and be available to start on the graduate programme in September 2019.
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in the finance and business management function
- Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25/11/2018
Additional job details
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package