Collaborate with our industry experts to influence and shape critical decisions and initiatives that support our businesses across the firm. You'll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
What You Can Expect
Work alongside our top-tier professionals, analyzing results and offering insights across our lines of business and corporate areas. You’ll combine sophisticated analysis methods, accurate reporting and financial discipline to ensure the firm is meeting its goals. The Global Finance and Business Management function is critical to all facets of the business, dedicated to continually making our business better – strategically, financially and operationally
This three-year rotational programme delivers in-depth industry training, one-on-one mentorship and hands-on experience. As an important member of the finance team you will work in one of the following roles in our corporate or line of business groups:
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimizing business performance by driving key initiatives. Business Management are also responsible for helping to drive key initiatives that optimize business performance
- Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory, as well as product valuation; and provide this expertise to strategic and ongoing technology and operational process improvement initiatives. The different types of controller roles consist of Legal Entity Controller, Financial Controller, Product Controller, Valuation Controller, Treasury Controller, Investor Services Controller, Global Controller, and Bank Controller
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of financial planning and forecasting.
- Project Management - Contribute to programmes that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and workstreams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies
- Regulatory Reporting andCapital Policy - Responsible for the preparation and submission of reporting to the UK regulatory bodies, monitoring of regulatory capital requirements, the interpretation, application and implementation of rules and policies, in parallel to providing guidance to the business
In addition to ongoing technical and professional skill development, we will also encourage and support you through your CIMA qualification. On completion of the programme, we will work with you to identify your next role, as you build your career in Global Finance & Business Management at J.P. Morgan.
The Global Finance and Business Management function within J.P. Morgan is a dynamic organisation that plays a critical role, particularly as regulatory and capital requirements continue to impact the way we do business.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package.
Starting: June 2018 onwards.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from investment banking to technology, operations and human resources.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for producing financial analyses to help drive strategic business decisions and ensure the company is capable of navigating all types of market environments, while maintaining a fortress balance sheet.
J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A well-rounded academic background is essential with a minimum 2:1 bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is required; you should be in your final year of study and be available to start on the graduate programme in September 2018.
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in the Finance & Business Management function
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and changing work environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency
- Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organisation
- But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team
Accepted degree subjects
Bournemouth · London
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Closing date: 26/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/11/2017