In our summer programme, you will gain a valuable hands-on insight into global treasury services and global trade and loan products, start building a professional network, and learn the skills needed to kick-start a career at J.P. Morgan.
What You Can Expect
Have you ever thought of how does a smartphone get made, how oil is paid for, how a luxury brand migrates to sell online, how cash moves across financial markets or how multi-billion dollar projects get financed? Global Treasury Management Programme provides innovative solutions to help clients solve these and other challenges.
Our solutions help clients move cash, keep it safe, maximise its value on one side and finance large capital expenditure projects on the other. In this role, we’re at the heart of everything our 135,000 clients in over 180 countries are doing to run their businesses. We partner with our clients to improve their efficiency and financial performance. We deliver an industry-leading service and help clients navigate the constantly changing global financial landscape; our clients (including 98% of Fortune 100 companies) trust us to:
- Clear in excess of USD 7trn payments daily
- Provide innovative financing solutions for cross-border trade, supply chains and large capital expenditure projects
- Concentrate and optimize hundreds of billions of dollars of cash across over 40 currencies
- Continually innovate and improve our service, including partnerships with FinTech organisations
As part of our fast-growing and dynamic business, you will have influence and impact across the entire Corporate and Investment Bank. In particular, Treasury Management has several critical roles that make it an exciting place to work and learn about the heart of the financial services industry:
“We love the business. We intend to win in cash management. Watch that space.” - Jamie Dimo
About The Programme
You will be challenged on your analytical skills, strategic thinking, creativity and diligence. In addition to the on-the-job experience working on meaningful assignments; you can also expect:
- One week’s intensive introductory training course
- Regular networking sessions
- Insights and training from subject matter experts
- Exposure to senior management
- Coaching from your personal mentor
The programme will run for 10 weeks, starting at the end of June 2018.
After successful completion of the programme, you could receive an offer for a full-time position on our Analyst Programme. Our Analyst Programme offers you the chance to rotate (currently four 6-month rotations) around different teams where you will be able to gain further training and experience across Global Treasury Management and Global Trade and Loan Products; you will hone your sales, relationship management, client service and product management skills to build long-term client relationships and help grow a multi-billion dollar business.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Our teams have a clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns with leadership positions in America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from Investment Banking to Technology, Operations and Human Resources.
J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who are determined to continue to develop innovative solutions that support our clients around the world.
The criteria are:
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others
- Exceptional analytical and research skills
- Innate problem solving abilities and the skills to manage complex projects
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
Beyond these, what we are most interested in are the things that make you, you and the difference you could bring to J.P. Morgan.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Closing date: 26/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/11/2017